Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

So great job Quattrings. I go for it if I thought I had the finesse to break and reposition the parking sensor connectors. And of course the camera mount too (I really thought I saw one of the Chinese sellers said to specify if you needed the camera mount or not).

So how does the parking sensors being a couple inches higher affect the operation? So they still see obstacles low to the ground?

...now off to have a beer....
Old 11-21-2017, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoft
So great job Quattrings. I go for it if I thought I had the finesse to break and reposition the parking sensor connectors. And of course the camera mount too (I really thought I saw one of the Chinese sellers said to specify if you needed the camera mount or not).
So how does the parking sensors being a couple inches higher affect the operation? So they still see obstacles low to the ground?
...now off to have a beer....
Thanks! The grill comes with the camera mount but with a "plug" in the hole in case someone doesnt have the front mounted camera. My PDC sensors are working perfectly fine in the higher grill location. I have had a few good moments to test it out pulling forward and it does just as great a job. All good so far!
Old 11-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have received my front grille as well. Although I didn't buy it from eBay, I believe they are from the same manufacturer.
As the same with all of us here, the plugs for front parking sensors are placed higher than they should be.
I have bought parking sensors(5Q0 919 275 B GRU) from eBay, hoping they will work, since the seller told me that they will fit 2018 S5.

To those who may be concerned, the seller I am buying from already has the front grilles without the AUDI emblems.

Black
Black and platinum
Platinum
Old 11-21-2017, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JIAWEI Zhao

To those who may be concerned, the seller I am buying from already has the front grilles without the AUDI emblems.
Who is the seller? I want a grill with no emblem.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
Who is the seller? I want a grill with no emblem.
He is a seller on Taobao.com
It's a Chinese website. There are multiple sellers on Taobao who sell the grilles
Old 11-21-2017, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

ok thank you
They should be available in the US soon
Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Hopefully the GRU ending sensors work. If they do, I'll go that route.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
Hopefully the GRU ending sensors work. If they do, I'll go that route.
Will update soon.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the grill looks great, thanks for being first up and going through the pain!

Is the grill opening the same size on both B9 A5/S5? I have an A5 and the ebay grill says it's fitment for both. It appears that the parking sensors on both the A5/S5 are the same position as well.

I wonder if "they'll" change the parking sensor location on the next batch of grills? And do any of the more reputable shops like TAG, Euro; plan on making these RS grill knock offs?

I did the RS grill swap in my 13' A5 and loved the look. I'm about as bad as they come when it comes to mechanical things like this and it took me about 5 hours for that grill swap. I remember the pain in the *** was one screw on the bottom of the bumper had been half ripped off by me getting to close to a parking block and i couldn't figure out how to get that screw out! Other than that is was a piece of cake. I'm looking forward to when this grill swap is figured out!

Thanks again, i've been watching this thread closely!
Old 11-22-2017, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stratman22
<snip>......
do any of the more reputable shops like TAG, Euro; plan on making these RS grill knock offs?
..... <snip>
I would tend to think folks like EuroPrice and Tag would probably want to wait and offer the real deal when OEM RS5 grills become available. That seems more their MO, rather than trying to resell a Chinese knock off and compete with the Chinese eBay sellers at their ultra low prices/margins.

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay