Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
The front end on that looks great.

I think that grille looks killer on the Ibis White - although I would be inclined not to buy the Black Optics covers for the corner ACC sensors.

This is Freesole's edited pic showing the set-up above - looks stunning in my opinion:

The silver trim on the stock covers would match that of that grille giving the car a sporty but elegant appearance from the front - in my opinion.
This looks stunning. I am planning to wash off the grilles also, since I think the silver trims match perfectly. But I will leave my bumper black, since it produces a kind of front spoiler feeling.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jamis
I am back to being tempted.... seeing the chrome trimmed version on an ibis white, with sensors that work.... ugh!

Looks like the sensors can be had for about $85 each, so all in (including a STO N GO license plate mount) is going to run me about 750-800 all-in. Getting closer to the OEM BO grille in price, but still a savings (and I think better appearance).

I am also curious to know how the camera mount worked.
I bought the sensors from eBay. It was a seller from Poland, and it costs about $60 in total (including shipping).
Old 12-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amademann
NICE!! I actually want the silver edge for my mythos black coupe. I like the trim, I can do without the quattro though.

How long did the installation take? Can the S5 badge be added to the grill?
It doesn't take too long. I spent $150 on it, and half is credited to painting the front bar. I think arranging $100 for the whole installation is possible. The whole process takes about 3 hours, and most of the time I am waiting for the paint to be dried.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Quattrings
Thanks for the comments guys, 3cat, freesole, Stratman22, Jloft, ArvX147, steviekallday... Appreciate it!
The only thing holding me back at this point is the camera mount and what exactly is not right about it.

Quattrings - any more details/pics on your custom aluminum bracket? Any word on other OEM parts that might also work?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interestingly, the AsianBodyKits seller only has one left in stock according to their listing (with the chrome trim). I wonder if they will have a redesigned one available soon...
THIS! I hope so, i can't wait for the updated version. They have to know they are going to sell a bunch of these grills if they do the redesign. We're all (a lot of us) waiting for this install to be plug and play.

All the cars that have done this mod look great. I really like that the grill (inside area) is black, whether it's Black Optics or the the RS style grill. Too much chrome for me on that stock grill.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JIAWEI Zhao
I bought the sensors from eBay. It was a seller from Poland, and it costs about $60 in total (including shipping).
JIAWEI, are you still getting false warnings with your sensors now? Can you describe more about when it goes on and how often?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing holding me back at this point is the camera mount and what exactly is not right about it.

Quattrings - any more details/pics on your custom aluminum bracket? Any word on other OEM parts that might also work?
I just had a length of aluminum strap, maybe 2-3 mm thickness and 1/3" wide and maybe 7" in length. It was bendable with a vise, so I shaped it to 'L' angles on each side and drilled holes that matched up with the grill. Worked well and secure. I still think the easiest method is to get the OEM grill mount from Audi. Not sure if they used a 2018 RS5 grill as a template or a 2012 or a different model It would be awesome if one of the eBay vendors could inquire for us.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by freesole
JIAWEI, are you still getting false warnings with your sensors now? Can you describe more about when it goes on and how often?

Thanks!
Just like when you are parking, you are getting close to a wall, and the sensors will get red and start to beep. My problem is exactly the same situation, but, instead, there is nothing in front, hence it's a false warning.

I tried to press the sensor at it's back to pop it out a bit, and the problem disappeared for a while. It could be a sensor's fault. And this only happens to my left front sensor.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JIAWEI Zhao
Just like when you are parking, you are getting close to a wall, and the sensors will get red and start to beep. My problem is exactly the same situation, but, instead, there is nothing in front, hence it's a false warning.

I tried to press the sensor at it's back to pop it out a bit, and the problem disappeared for a while. It could be a sensor's fault. And this only happens to my left front sensor.
Does it happen often? If it is just the left sensor then it leads me to think that the sensors you got should work but that one may be defective?
Old 12-04-2017, 03:26 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Same grill different car:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...d-Photo-Thread

I (personally) am not a fan of the matte black look on the otherwise stunning Dayton Gray S5.

Last edited by N8!; 12-04-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay