Carbon Spoiler - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Carbon Spoiler

Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Carbon Spoiler

Does anyone have the carbon fiber spoiler on the S5? It looks like a tasteful addition, but I don't know. I had a CF spoiler on my '13 M3, and it helped with standing out. Opinions? Thinking of maybe adding the CF mirror caps later as well, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

$$$$ that is all I have to say about that haha. I think it adds a certain flare to the car. Would look great on a darker color like Navarra, Mythos or Daytona. Not sure that I think it makes a Silver or White car stand out in a good way though.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have been thinking about fabricating one for awhile now, just not sure I want to put the work in. An aftermarket one should be available soon. I wonder why parts are taking so long to come out for the B9.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by freesole View Post
$$$$ that is all I have to say about that haha. I think it adds a certain flare to the car. Would look great on a darker color like Navarra, Mythos or Daytona. Not sure that I think it makes a Silver or White car stand out in a good way though.
Ouch... wow... you are so right - on all accounts!

Price : https://tagmotorsports.com/carbon-sp...5-s5-sportback
Old 11-13-2017, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

And that one doesn't even include the mounting tape
Old 11-13-2017, 05:26 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3cat View Post
And that one doesn't even include the mounting tape
lol...
Old 11-13-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

You know what might be cool is to get a body color spoiler in the same shape.. Adds a nice flare to it without being overly aggressive. Don't think there are going to be options for that though. It seems to always be carbon fiber or nothing.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3cat View Post
I have been thinking about fabricating one for awhile now, just not sure I want to put the work in. An aftermarket one should be available soon. I wonder why parts are taking so long to come out for the B9.
I was thinking the exact same thing!
I will probably prefer a body color or gloss black spoiler though. It will look better over the test of time.
I also do not like random carbon exterior pieces. It has to be something like mirrors, spoiler, diffuser, and front splitter etc. Not just one of the above.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:21 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looking at what is available for the 2017 and earlier (some of the styling is questionable), I am sure the aftermarket is going to catch up in 18 months or so.

https://www.carid.com/2017-audi-a5-body-kits/
Old 11-13-2017, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by -=Hot Ice=- View Post
Does anyone have the carbon fiber spoiler on the S5? It looks like a tasteful addition, but I don't know. I had a CF spoiler on my '13 M3, and it helped with standing out. Opinions? Thinking of maybe adding the CF mirror caps later as well, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.
Optioned my S5 with the carbon spoiler and mirror caps as an Audi dealer fitted option. Though not cheap, it does blend nicely with the daytona grey paint colour and in my opinion gives the car more street cred.
Both parts available from genuine Audi accessories range (here in Oz) so the fit and finish is brilliant.
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Spoiler-img_6589.jpg   Carbon Spoiler-img_6590.jpg  

Search this Thread