Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Carlinkit 3.0 - On Sale @ Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 601 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Someone said nothing, just do the latest software update and 2.0 becomes 3.0.
I know that Carlinkit has the new dongle with USB-C on their website listed as 2.0. They said a software upgrade will bring it to 3.0. However, I don’t know if there’s any hardware differences between the new USB-C design and the “old 2.0” design with USB-A besides the USB port.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I know that Carlinkit has the new dongle with USB-C on their website listed as 2.0. They said a software upgrade will bring it to 3.0. However, I don’t know if there’s any hardware differences between the new USB-C design and the “old 2.0” design with USB-A besides the USB port.
Someone said nothing, just do the latest software update and 2.0 becomes 3.0.
I checked my software version and it’s listed as the latest @ VER:2021.08.30.0022 if we want to compare.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,248 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
I checked my software version and it’s listed as the latest @ VER:2021.08.30.0022 if we want to compare.

Looks like there is a new update if you have a delay or something? I wonder what the higher sound quality is all about, think I will try and get this update.

Some setting options have been added to this 2020.11.10.2137 version of the web page, as described below:

Synchronization Mode (normal, compatible):The default is normal, which is used to solve the problem of out-of-sync information displayed on the dashboard.Compatibility: Solve the problem that some cars cannot connect to the dongle.Media sound quality (CD, DVD):Default DVD, which has better sound quality.CD, to solve the problem of noise in certain cars.Media delay (300~2000 milliseconds):The default is 1,000. The greater the delay, the less likely to be stuck, and the shorter the delay, the more synchronized music and images will be. This delay setting is related to the network environment in the car and can be adjusted according to the actual situation.Reset:Reset to roll back to 2020.08.04.1604 version.

To get the newest update firmware file, please contact us!

support@carlinkitcarplay.com

WhatsApp (Support)
Old 12-04-2021, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like there is a new update if you have a delay or something? I wonder what the higher sound quality is all about, think I will try and get this update.

Some setting options have been added to this 2020.11.10.2137 version of the web page, as described below:

Synchronization Mode (normal, compatible):The default is normal, which is used to solve the problem of out-of-sync information displayed on the dashboard.Compatibility: Solve the problem that some cars cannot connect to the dongle.Media sound quality (CD, DVD):Default DVD, which has better sound quality.CD, to solve the problem of noise in certain cars.Media delay (300~2000 milliseconds):The default is 1,000. The greater the delay, the less likely to be stuck, and the shorter the delay, the more synchronized music and images will be. This delay setting is related to the network environment in the car and can be adjusted according to the actual situation.Reset:Reset to roll back to 2020.08.04.1604 version.

To get the newest update firmware file, please contact us!

support@carlinkitcarplay.com

WhatsApp (Support)
I wonder why this one isn’t available OTA and you have to contact support for the file. The synchronization update looks interesting and like you said, may resolve the map direction lag I’m seeing. I am able to select audio quality when I go to the update ip on my version - I’ll have to check to see if there’s anything synchronization related.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
I wonder why this one isn’t available OTA and you have to contact support for the file. The synchronization update looks interesting and like you said, may resolve the map direction lag I’m seeing. I am able to select audio quality when I go to the update ip on my version - I’ll have to check to see if there’s anything synchronization related.

Agreed, I would like to know why you need to contact them too, maybe the brand of car you're using Carlinkit in, and they only release for that brand? The update is not even a month old?

Last edited by synergize; 12-04-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:25 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 359 Likes on 233 Posts

Agreed, I would like to know why you need to contact them too, maybe the brand of car you're using Carlinkit in, and they only release for that brand? The update is not even a month old?
curious about this as well, though too lazy to find out for myself.

I can say that the model number printed on the dongle for the 3.0 version is the same as the 2.0 version. Seemingly supporting the notion that software/firmware is the only difference between 2.0 and 3.0.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

What's the difference in features between 2.0 and 3.0? I'm going to buy it at some point and I'm wondering if I should get 3.0 for longer support or if 2.0 is basically the same.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by belzebutt
What's the difference in features between 2.0 and 3.0? I'm going to buy it at some point and I'm wondering if I should get 3.0 for longer support or if 2.0 is basically the same.
I've used both 2.0 and 3.0, don't believe there are new features, more of a connection/stability upgrade for users. I can tell you that both 2.0 and 3.0 work great with the B&O system. In two years of use I've had one or two hiccups, mostly reconnecting after running a short errand and returning to the car. In my book...1 or 2 disconnects per 1000 or more connections is nearly perfect.

I'd bet the built-in CarPlay has more hiccups than the Carlinkit.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:04 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 359 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by belzebutt
I’ve had both. I’d say the 3.0 have been more stable. However, this could only be due to the firmware/software. As I posted above, both the 2.0 and 3.0 have the same model number printed on the exterior, lending credence to the though that the only difference between the two is software.

I still have the the 2.0 version sitting on my desk. Happy to sell to someone if interested. PM me…
Old 12-13-2021, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did you have any luck with their support? I got nothing but the runaround telling me to contact the seller from Amazon…which was Carlinkkit itself. When the product works, good,
…but should you need support it seems you’re up a creek without a paddle.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit 3.0 - On Sale @ Amazon