Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...

...Across half the Continent!

So, Wednesday morning I hopped a flight in South Dakota out to Hartford, CT. Why would I do this, you might ask? Well, they had the absolute best deal on a CPO (that matched 99% of the options I wanted) with under 5000 miles. Ibis white (I was leaning towards Glacier, but hey, close a freakin nuff!) Prestige, S-Line, driver assist, Cold weather package, Brown Nougat interior with the Walnut trim! Even with the travel costs to pick it up and drive home, I'm still under $50k total. Too good to pass up, so I didn't! Lol

Any way, I'm over a 1000 miles/seven states into my trip back and my only complaint so far is the cup holders. Way to close to the climate controls and my 30oz Yeti Travel cup won't fit without hitting/rubbing the buttons. Other than that, I'm loving the hell out of it. It's so comfortable I'm not even that tired or stiff/sore even after a 10-12 hour stretch of driving. I'm not the littlest guy in the world by a long shot, but you can tweak if enough so it fits like a glove. So far my biggest problem is keeping my foot out if it going around corners and on ramp clovers! The minimal amount of body roll on turns makes this a really treat for a gut who's been driving an F-150 of some sort or another for the past 15 years (currently own a Raptor, which is also fun, but of an entirely different variety).

I know yhere's a lot of mixed reviews on the audio system. Other than some bad rattle from the center channel grill during a specific frequency, I think it's hands down the best factory system I've ever heard. (Granted this Audi is about the highest end vehicle I've had experience with so far). That being said, I'm fairly familiar with the custom audio scene. I personally did a full custom job on my Raptor (JL amps/Hertz speakers, Rockford Fosgate Processor) that turned out extremely well. I think this B&O setup is better. I'm a metal head and my ears about start to bleed just past Half volume, and I'm not noticing any distortion or clipping till it gets past 3/4! I've set it up with treble at 2-3 o'clock, bass around 1 o'clock, sub at 4-5 o'clock, and surrounding at about 5 o'clock. I set 3d to high and audio focus to rear. I then tweaked fade and balance to just forward and right of center. This combination takes the harshness out of the front stage highs, but leaves a bit of tight bass thump in the door woofers. I was planning to add an aftermarket sub, but honestly, with the above settings, I'm getting a real nice tight bass hit out of that little woofer. On a bass heavy rock song at 60% volume the rear window and/or mirror vibrates pretty good, without the bass getting muddy. Other than dampening the grill on the center speaker, I really don't see any point in doing anything else to the audio system. I'm the kind of guy that enjoys tearing stuff apart and modding the hell out of it, so the fact that I don't feel the need to do that in this case, really says a lot!

Anyway, my route brought me through Indianapolis today, so I felt that required a slight detour to my routing.
Too bad they wouldn't let me run it around the oval a couple of times whole I was there.
Attached Thumbnails Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...-305f1a06-0019-4538-a296-c54f39f4fb0a.jpeg   Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...-0dcf0e7e-4ca7-4e66-a250-8dc0b1e8b6fa.jpeg   Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...-f6b26b59-43a2-4230-bd73-7365398a4749.jpeg  
Old 01-27-2018, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great way to bring home the new wheels!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats...
Old 01-27-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool! Congrats.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice! Great deal also!
Old 01-27-2018, 03:56 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Its interesting that these are starting to hit the secondary CPO market.

Great color choice, by the way - I'm a bit biased though.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
Its interesting that these are starting to hit the secondary CPO market.

Great color choice, by the way - I'm a bit biased though.

Ya there are a few on Autotrader that are CPO. One of my local Audi dealers had 2 CPO A5 SB Premium Plus's and a local used luxury dealer had one too.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Ibis is the perfect White.
Enjoy your new car.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:26 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Well Happy Birthday and congrats on the car...
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! And I agree with you on the B/O system part - with some tweaking it sounds great to me a metalhead's ears. I enjoy every trip to and from work with a solid rotation of riffs from Sabbath/Priest to Exodus/Testament to Carcass/Bloodbath.......!!

\m/

Quick Reply: Celebrating my Birthday with a new A5 SB and a leisurely drive...