Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

the cup holders.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default the cup holders.

whoever approved this design should be fired. Its the worst cup holder placement I have ever seen on a vehicle and may be the deal breaker for me that is all.
The following users liked this post:
Ra Nar (02-13-2020)
Old 05-24-2017, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nokaoi1
whoever approved this design should be fired. Its the worst cup holder placement I have ever seen on a vehicle and may be the deal breaker for me that is all.
Really, cup holder placement is a deal breaker? All the great things this car has to offer and it comes down to cup holder placement. Good luck finding the "perfect car"!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2011 A6 and hate the cupholder situation. There is only one and it is not designed well. Ordered an '18 A5 SB and after seeing all these posts about the cupholders, wishing I'd paid more attention to that during the test drive. I think I was more focused on the idea of having two compared to one, that I didn't really fixate on the design.

Some will argue that these cars are for driving, not refreshments - but the lack of thought that goes into the interior storage and creature comforts is somewhat annoying.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

While they are too far forward for my tastes, they are still fairly functional as long as you don't use super huge mugs/cups.

They are perfectly fine for cans and most cups... when you start getting into huge 32oz+ cups, its borderline.

Definitely not a deal breaker for me.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

I asked my German friends about cup holders in German cars, and the response I got was that one really shouldn't be drinking or doing anyting else in your car other than driving.

Then (while living in Germany) I started noticing that I rarely saw someone drinking or eating whilst driving - that's what the ubiquitous Autohof is for (a place to stop, take a break from the drive, get an espresso or Milchkaffee and a butterbrezel).
Old 05-24-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
I asked my German friends about cup holders in German cars, and the response I got was that one really shouldn't be drinking or doing anyting else in your car other than driving.

Then (while living in Germany) I started noticing that I rarely saw someone drinking or eating whilst driving - that's what the ubiquitous Autohof is for (a place to stop, take a break from the drive, get an espresso or Milchkaffee and a butterbrezel).
This is the correct answer. Many other European countries are the same way.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 595 Likes on 427 Posts

I've lived in North America all my life and I don't know anyone who eats or drinks in their car. I mean obviously people do it but I don't know anyone who does.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There you go:

Old 05-24-2017, 05:59 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

I moved to Denver, CO 2 wks ago, and after living in Germany for the last several years, I can say that my fellow American don't know jack-schitt about good/courteous driving.

It's obvious why we aren't allowed to drive Autobahn speeds here in the US...
Old 05-24-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
I moved to Denver, CO 2 wks ago, and after living in Germany for the last several years, I can say that my fellow American don't know jack-schitt about good/courteous driving.

It's obvious why we aren't allowed to drive Autobahn speeds here in the US...
Nothing is absolute - I also spend a lot of time around Germany (family) and there are places where it's absolutely hell in terms of driving standards... I think the US driver is generally better and more compliant... but that's my experience.

Quick Reply: the cup holders.