Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Cyclist ran into my car this morning! Is this a cheap fix or a pricy one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cyclist ran into my car this morning! Is this a cheap fix or a pricy one?

I am looking for recommendations or advice on what to do? Is this something a PDR (paintless dent removal) can take care of or is it a body shop job?

What can I expect in terms of cost repairs?

Old 06-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,384 Posts

I Am Not A Bodywork Expert — but I don’t think a dent remover will be able to get your car looking “good as new” as, from your pictures, you appear to have some creases in the sheet metal and they may be too severe to just “pop out.”

Thankfully, we have some members in your area with body shop experience. Good Luck!

— John
Old 06-06-2019, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 381 Likes on 343 Posts

WoW! That's gonna keep the PDR guy entertained for a while!!

Did the cyclist offer to pay or does the cyclist say it's your fault? Or, did the cyclist flee?
Old 06-06-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Default PDR could work

Based upon my experience with PDR, if the dent is in the smooth part of the panel only (doesn't cross over the crease), PDR may work. I had 451 hail strike dents on the top and sides of my last vehicle that were apparently removed with magic. I tried hard, under bright lights, to see any remaining evidence of the dents and couldn't. Of course yours are bigger and that may make a difference. I hope however they are fixed works well.

Of course I didn't really answer you question about cost, because I don't know how much it was on my car. It was all handled directly between the body shop and the insurance company.

Last edited by AgMaple; 06-06-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a similar dent on my driver's door from a hit and run while parked, and they claimed the whole door needed to be replaced and repainted/blended because it's aluminum. I don't think the door is aluminium, but I had it repaired at the dealership's approved body shop. Cost 3k. They would need to replace your quarter panel, so I'm assuming your repair would cost even more. Good luck..
Old 06-06-2019, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Ycore
I don't think the door is aluminium...
The only thing on my Sportback that seems to be aluminum is the hatch. Door, hood and body panels (including where his damage is) are all magnetic.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Take it to Mikes auto body in Malden, tell him Ian with the s5 sportback/Golf R sent you. His pdr guy is a magician and fixed some pretty gnarly dents near a crease in my rear driver door.

He'll tell you straight if can get away with pdr, but he's really the best guy around if it needs paint. Audis are the low end of what he works on.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I forgot to say, I think these dents are pdr-able, they are not as close to the crease as mine were.

That said, there is truly nobody who can tell if a dent is fixable other than the pdr guy himself.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
WoW! That's gonna keep the PDR guy entertained for a while!!

Did the cyclist offer to pay or does the cyclist say it's your fault? Or, did the cyclist flee?
He took off the second I noticed the damage and asked him to stay. I’ve filed a police report with the local PD. He basically got away with it.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ArvX147
Take it to Mikes auto body in Malden, tell him Ian with the s5 sportback/Golf R sent you. His pdr guy is a magician and fixed some pretty gnarly dents near a crease in my rear driver door.

He'll tell you straight if can get away with pdr, but he's really the best guy around if it needs paint. Audis are the low end of what he works on.

I’ve heard of them from a few people. I appreciate the info.

Quick Reply: Cyclist ran into my car this morning! Is this a cheap fix or a pricy one?