Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Daytona grey coupe mini build

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, Daytona is such a beautiful color.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love it. for some reason the headlight tint on the reflector doesn't bother me on your ride like others. i might wanna try this look. nice ride!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Elote
The vinyl on the front headlights, did you just cut that yourself or did you purchase it pre-cut for our headlights? Wanted to do the same for my S5. Car looks fantastic! I have a daytona grey sportback, so it's great to see these mods on my color.
Thanks for the kind words. The vinyl was cut by a local shop by me that does most of the mod work. I agree that it works on Daytona.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _Audictd_

Thanks for the kind words. The vinyl was cut by a local shop by me that does most of the mod work. I agree that it works on Daytona.
Awesome, appreciate the info!
Old 06-15-2018, 02:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pic of the sub? Did you install yourself?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Gorgeous! Reinforces my decision re choosing Daytona Gray....the pearl incandescence shows wonderfully in your pics-both in the sun & the shade. Color has so much depth. Now, just get rid of that chrome.....
Old 06-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking sharp so far! How about carbon side mirror covers?

I am also leasing ‘18 SB, doesn’t installing springs void warranty? I am considering keeping it after lease end.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think as long as you return it back to stock and have a good relationship with the Audi service department they won’t mess with you. Carbon pieces might come after the piggyback tune.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ktrach0
Looking sharp so far! How about carbon side mirror covers?

I am also leasing ‘18 SB, doesn’t installing springs void warranty? I am considering keeping it after lease end.

Installing springs wouldn't void your entire warranty. If something related to the installation of the springs needs to be fixed, then Audi could deny your claim.

I have leased my past few cars, mostly Audis and have never done a lease return. When you wait the entire period of the lease, and return specifically as a lease return, you are responsible for excess miles, wear & tear and the lease return fee.
My last 3 Audi leases were for low miles, 7,500 per year with Audi Care included in the monthly payment. By doing a low mile lease, your payments are lower and by adding Audi Care in, you only pay for the months you keep the car. Audi Care adds roughly $11 per month, to my current lease price. When I trade the car in early, I haven't lost any money since I didn't purchase it full price upfront.
I wait for my payoff from AFS to equal market value for a trade in, this has been around 2.5 - 3 years for my past couple of Audis. Then I just go to my dealer and say I want to trade the car in. Just because it's a lease, you don't need to do a lease return. You can trade the car in to Audi or any other car dealership. With the trade in, there are no excess mileage penalties or excessive wear & tear costs. They will offer you a trade in value, based on mileage and condition, just like any other car.
As long as the payoff quote from AFS is paid by the dealer you go to, Audi doesn't care if it's a lease or you bought it.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _Audictd_
Just thought I'd post some pics of the recent mods I've done. Keep in mind I leased this car to help keep me from going mod crazy but that never happens .
- 18% ceramic tint on all windows.

- JL 13.5 inch thin line subwoofer with a 600 watt JL HD amp.
The sound from the upgraded Bang Olufsen is amazing but we all know it's slacking in the bass department. This one speaker is perfect and completely transforms the car ride to work.

- H&R sport springs were installed and compared to the H&R coilovers I had on my last B8 S5, they are a lot smoother for the daily drive. They also were the perfect drop for the next mod.

- 20/10 ET25 custom made Brixton WR3's finished in brushed Smoke Black wrapped in 275 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires.

It goes without saying that these wheels were well worth the 7 week wait. I might be getting into a RS5 once my lease it up so we went with an aggressive ET which had me worried about not sitting flush but it's a perfect stance in my opinion. The Michelins are hands down in another league compared to the stock Hankooks that came stock.

Future mods will be either a piggyback or ecu tune once they crack the code and blacking out chrome trim but not sure since it's a lease.

Looks amazing!

Any rubbing with the 275/30 tires and springs?

Quick Reply: Daytona grey coupe mini build