Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Driver side window does not roll all the way down

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driver side window does not roll all the way down

I have no issue with the windows rolling up or down. The auto-down/up functionality worked and the windows make a good seal when the door closes. But I do have an issue with the driver side window. It will roll down, but not all the way. It stops about 1/2 an inch from being completely open. The passenger window rolls all the way down.

I fee like I've seen this posted before, but I can't find any answers. Has anyone experienced this before?
Old 12-25-2018, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by juicebox098
I have no issue with the windows rolling up or down. The auto-down/up functionality worked and the windows make a good seal when the door closes. But I do have an issue with the driver side window. It will roll down, but not all the way. It stops about 1/2 an inch from being completely open. The passenger window rolls all the way down.

I fee like I've seen this posted before, but I can't find any answers. Has anyone experienced this before?
Try this. Close the window all the way by holding the window switch up, release the switch, then pull up and hold the switch in the up position for at least one second. This should recalibrate the window.
The following users liked this post:
Pjstack (01-26-2022)
Old 12-25-2018, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richr
Try this. Close the window all the way by holding the window switch up, release the switch, then pull up and hold the switch in the up position for at least one second. This should recalibrate the window.
Thanks. Just tried it. Driver side window is still about 1/2 inch away from being fully open.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks. Just tried it. Driver side window is still about 1/2 inch away from being fully open.
Sorry to hear. A quick search only reveals procedures better left to the dealer, door panel removal, etc.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:41 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Richr

Not an expert but if I remember correctly after you do what Richr suggest, you close the window completely, hold the switch in that position for a second or two and that should calibrate both the up and Down travel.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking like an ‘18 issue?
Old 01-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, wrong thread :/
Old 01-04-2019, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

So, for whatever reason, the window rolls all the way down now. But, now I have the issue where the distance for the ACC always resets to 3. That's never happened before. I've always had it set to 1 and it never changed. But for the past couple days, the distance will always revert to 3. Weird.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

But, now I have the issue where the distance for the ACC always resets to 3. That's never happened before. I've always had it set to 1 and it never changed. But for the past couple days, the distance will always revert to 3. Weird.
It's designed to revert to three when ACC is powered up.

Page 117: Distance 3 is set automatically each time you switch the ignition on. If you would like to set another distance as the default setting, you can have the adaptive cruise control menu enabled by an authorized Audi dealer or authorized Audi Service Facility.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting. My car has literally never done that before this week.

Quick Reply: Driver side window does not roll all the way down