Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

first time in an audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
I keep mine in the trunk. Tucked into one of the elastic strap holders on the side. That way I can use the secret compartment on the left of the steering wheel to hold things that are actually useful when driving the car.
How are you getting the manual to stay put? I tried sticking in those bungie net side-trunk areas, but the weight of the manual keeps pushing the netting down (until the manual falls out into the trunk).
Old 03-18-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by emacS5
How are you getting the manual to stay put? I tried sticking in those bungie net side-trunk areas, but the weight of the manual keeps pushing the netting down (until the manual falls out into the trunk).
Not sure about the cabrio, but on the sportback there are 2 thick elastic bands that are attached to and flush with either sidewall of the trunk area just forward of the mesh pockets. The manual slips perfectly into either one of them with one end of the manual resting on the trunk deck. I use the other one to hold an umbrella.

Visible in this image here
Old 03-18-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. But over time with movement, the upper net band starts to slide down the upright metal hanger, causing the net to completely fall down to the bottom of the assembly, resulting in the manual falling out.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I just toss the manual in the left glove compartment where it fits in perfectly.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by emacS5
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. But over time with movement, the upper net band starts to slide down the upright metal hanger, causing the net to completely fall down to the bottom of the assembly, resulting in the manual falling out.
^^
No, that is not what he is talking about. He is using one of the two thick horizontal black straps that are on each side of the trunk between the netting that you have been using and the rear seats.

But they aren't in the cabriolet, and the netting is also much shallower on the cab than the Sportback.

Still can't work out just what Audi of America did to the user manual to prevent it from sitting in the glovebox where it belongs. A major fail for whoever had that job.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Slides
I just toss the manual in the left glove compartment where it fits in perfectly.
See up above in the thread. In the cabriolets, there is additional bracing that intrudes slightly into that left hand compartment, prohibiting the manual from fitting.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Amazon Amazon

You're welcome!
Old 03-18-2018, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Yep. What Glisse said. Look forward of the mesh and closer to the rear seats, just in front of the forward most d-rings on the deck. There are 2 horizontal bands that are darker than the surrounding material. Perfect size for slipping the owners manual into.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
Yep. What Glisse said. Look forward of the mesh and closer to the rear seats, just in front of the forward most d-rings on the deck. There are 2 horizontal bands that are darker than the surrounding material. Perfect size for slipping the owners manual into.
Not in the Cabriolets.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuag

Not sure if it’s on all S5 models, but I have the sportback and there’s a small little “secret” compartment for the owners lower left of the steering wheel. Pretty nifty spot!
thats where the manual is intended to go.

Quick Reply: first time in an audi