Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Guide....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 227 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Guide....

Now that more B9 models are coming out there is a lineup of flat-bottom wheels that are available to upgrade from your round wheel or to change up the leather type if you already have a flat-bottom wheel...

These are steering wheels which are prepared to be plug and play with the proper A5, S5, RS5 multi-function controls, guaranteed to fit the first time and work perfectly right out of the box!

Pricing is for steering wheels without an airbag included. All A5, S5 and RS5 models with round or flat-bottom wheels stock have a compatible round airbag that will work with these offerings.

Smooth Leather Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (All smooth leather, black, grey or brown, matched stitching, with or with shift paddles, no badging)

Smooth Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel

(Smooth Leather, Single Stitching, with or without Black Paddles, No Badging)

S Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel

(Smooth Leather, Grey or Red Stitching, with Black Paddles, S Badging)

S-Line Leather Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Partial air leather, grey, red or blue stitching, with or with shift paddles, S badge included)

S-Line Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel

(Partial Air Leather, Grey, Red or Blue Stitching, w/ or w/o Black Paddles, S Badge)

Air Leather Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Full air leather, grey or red stitching, with extended shift paddles, RS badge included)

Air Leather Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel

(Full Air Leather, Grey or Red Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles, RS Badge)

RS3 Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Partial alcantara leather, grey or red stitching, with extended shift paddles, RS badge included)

RS3 Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel

(Partial Alcantara Leather, Red or Grey Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles)

Alcantara Flat-Bottom Steering Wheels - (Full alcantara leather, red stitching, with extended shift paddles, RS badge included)

Alcantara Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel

(Full Alcantara Leather, Red Sport Stitching, w/ Extended Paddles)

Fitment:
  • A5, S5, RS5 B9 models with a round airbag can reuse the stock airbag
  • All flat-bottom steering wheels are identical in size and shape, variations are based on leather, stitching, paddles, etc.
  • All flat-bottom steering wheels are ~4mm thicker than standard 3 or 4 spoke round steering wheels
  • There are NO heated flat-bottom steering wheels available
Delivery:
Many wheels will be in stock in the US, however with so many choices and styles some packages may need to be ordered in. Time frames for delivery on out of stock steering wheels will range from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the style wheel.

Questions, Quotes:
If you would like a quote including delivery, have any questions or needs other than those posted above please don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Thanks!

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 03-18-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

After some testing and work the list of TT and TTS Mk3 flat-bottom wheels are available for the B9 models.

Note that these are thicker and more contoured than even the stock flat-bottom wheels found on all the B9 models. The wheels are also a bit cleaner and sportier looking with the aluminum trimming, plus there is the option for a leather trimmed airbag for a really upscale appearance.

TT Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Packages - (All smooth leather, black leather with black stitching, with or with shift paddles, no badging, airbag included)

TT Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package

(Smooth Leather, Black Stitching, with or without Black Paddles, No Badging, Airbag Included)

TT S-Line Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Packages - (Partial air leather, black leather with cliff grey stitching, with or with shift paddles, S-Line badging included, airbag included)

TT S-Line Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package

(Partial Air Leather, Grey Stitching, with or without Black Paddles, S-Line Badging, Airbag Included)
S Steering Wheel Badge - $64.50 each

TTS Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Packages - (Smooth leather, black leather with black, grey or red stitching, with or with shift paddles, TTS badging included, airbag included)

TTS Flat-Bottom Multi-Function Steering Wheel Package

(Partial Air Leather, Black, Grey or Red Double Stitching, with or without Black Paddles, TTS Badging, Airbag Included)
S-Line or S Steering Wheel Badge - $64.50 each

Fitment:
  • All A5, S5, RS5 B9 models REQUIRE an airbag which is included in the pricing
  • Supplied airbags are proper dual stage units unlike many offerings from other suppliers
  • TT and TTS Mk3 steering wheels are thicker and more contoured than the stock steering wheels
  • There are NO heated flat-bottom steering wheels available
Delivery:
Many wheels will be in stock in the US, however with so many choices and styles some packages may need to be ordered in. Time frames for delivery on out of stock steering wheels will range from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the style wheel.

Questions, Quotes:
If you would like a quote including delivery, have any questions or needs other than those posted above please don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Thanks!

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 03-18-2022 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow great looking wheels. Super upgrade
Old 10-27-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a simple question. What is it about the flat bottom steering wheels that preclude having the heating element? Even the Audi steering wheel with heating option isn't available with a flat bottom.

For anyone living in a colder climate (cough! Germany cough!) why wouldn't they want a heated steering wheel? I personally think it's one of the best inventions ever put in an automobile.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PRGeno
I have a simple question. What is it about the flat bottom steering wheels that preclude having the heating element? Even the Audi steering wheel with heating option isn't available with a flat bottom.

For anyone living in a colder climate (cough! Germany cough!) why wouldn't they want a heated steering wheel? I personally think it's one of the best inventions ever put in an automobile.
It makes no sense to me as well...why couldn't the FB wheel be heated???
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Your guys guess is as good as mine. I always attributed it to the fact that the round and flat-bottom wheels are built/constructed in a different manner, but never confirmed that with anyone officially.

It is a shame because there have been many a customer who have not upgraded to a flat-bottom to retain their heating and some who want to add heating but have to settle for a round wheel that is thinner to get the heating.

Cheers,

Old 10-27-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my dealership was sourcing a car with the features i wanted - one of the options i wanted was the heated steering - after i got my car a few weeks later and i had it for a few days driving and learning all the new features did i realize that mine didn't have the heated steering. I called them and asked them if it was possible to switch the steering to one with heated and he said he would look into it for me and he called back saying not it wasn't possible. I wasn't happy but i figured it was a long shot and now i come across this post..... I've had the car for 3 months and love it but now i feel very upset knowing this was an option and they just told me no because someone didn't want to do their job.

* I know these aren't heated but they are able to swap the steering so why can't they swap out for a heated one is my point.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Yes, you can change out the heated steering wheel to a flat-bottom without issue. A lot of dealerships rely on official word from AoA as to what they can change and can't change on a car for a customer. They also are supposed to then program the car and use a code to change the actual build on record of your car with Audi DE. This is likely why they said they could not do it, but you personally can without issue.

Cheers,

Old 11-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Another option for folks with flat-bottom or round 3 spoke wheels that would like an upgrade:

Shift Paddles Extended

These paddle extensions can be added to the B9 flat-bottom and round 3 spoke steering wheels. Genuine bolt-on complete extended paddles for that quick upgrade. Paddles are illuminated.

If you have any questions or need for items not listed here don't hesitate to PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 12-24-2017, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The heated steering wheel issues boggles my mind... I just ordered a S5 and went with heated steering wheel....

The dealer was not able to explain why my 2015 Ford Focus ST with flat bottomed steering wheel could have heating, but my new Audi S5 (at 2X the price) could not....

Quick Reply: Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel Guide....