Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Fog light bumper cover fell off

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light bumper cover fell off

Hi Everyone, brand new to the site. Purchased a 2018 S5 sportback and hit a tire on the turnpike. Noticed that my fog light bumper cover is now missing! Went to dealership and they want 500 bucks for a small piece of plastic! Has anybody had this happen?? Any feedback or suggestions are welcome!
Old 08-07-2018, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks better now. I'd fill in both sides with black grill mesh.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ?

looks better now? How? I’m missing a cover on my car and can’t find a replacement online. The dealer is holding me hostage to spend 500 bucks to replace a small piece of plastic. I’m going to drive back to the area where I hit the tire to see if I can find it on the side of the road.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sbyrd24
Went to dealership and they want 500 bucks for a small piece of plastic!
I suggest you look elsewhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-A....c100005.m1851

You can certainly do better than $500!!
Old 08-08-2018, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sbyrd24
looks better now? How? I’m missing a cover on my car and can’t find a replacement online. The dealer is holding me hostage to spend 500 bucks to replace a small piece of plastic. I’m going to drive back to the area where I hit the tire to see if I can find it on the side of the road.
I say it looks better because the car has a bit too much chrome on it for my taste. That's why a lot of people on here are wrapping their chrome in vinyl and looking forward to the black optics package. I agree that $500 is an insulting markup. Use the part number to shop around. If you don't find a replacement at a suitable price I'd use it as an opportunity to customize.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Black optics

Is the black optics package available for 2018 S5 sportback yet?
Old 08-08-2018, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Happened to me as well

Same thing happened to me a few months ago. At first I thought it was something I did but when I took it to the dealer they said it was stolen. You could see the scratches where they pried it out along woth the broken flooring underneath.

I spent the 500 because I just wanted it repaired...they cut me a deal that they would fix the flooring that was broken as well.

good luck man, it suck.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Same thing happened to me a few months ago. At first I thought it was something I did but when I took it to the dealer they said it was stolen
What you're really saying is, there's at least one, slightly used, for sale on ebay he might be able to buy.

In all seriousness, WTF? The fact that was targeted and stolen tends to make me think that someone lost theirs and said I'll take this one vs. buying one. It can't be that common of a part for quick turn-around sale. But then again, trying to rationalize and/or think like a petty thief is something I am not able to do.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
What you're really saying is, there's at least one, slightly used, for sale on ebay he might be able to buy.

In all seriousness, WTF? The fact that was targeted and stolen tends to make me think that someone lost theirs and said I'll take this one vs. buying one. It can't be that common of a part for quick turn-around sale. But then again, trying to rationalize and/or think like a petty thief is something I am not able to do.

Idk man, it’s fairly frustrating. According to my dealer it’s actually quite common place. It is happening more frequently with the B9s because they’re still fairly new and not as common. I’m in the northeast so maybe it’s more common there? I was an idiot and parked on the side of the road in NYC.....let’s just say I won’t do that again.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

It's long been the case that these grills are removable from the outside, since b8 era at least. And equally long that people have been stealing them off other cars.

Audi is retarded and should be at least attaching these things with panel screws from the inside.

Quick Reply: Fog light bumper cover fell off