Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Got an A5 Sportback! Feel free to ask questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by jk10
i test drove an a5 sb this week, but didn't remember to sit in the backseat to check out the legroom. i'm guessing there isn't much, but wanted to ask. i'll probably go back tomorrow to see for myself.
Quite a lot. It is the same wheelbase as the A4/S4, not the A5/S5 Coupé.

Very nice car, JSING. Those wheels work well with that combination. This weekend, and every subsequent weekend for cleaning, I'm afraid
Old 05-05-2017, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car. The S3 (I bought at the same location) is white and I said I'd never own a black car again but WOW, I'm really loving this one.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:45 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You pulled the trigger - congratulations JSING.

She's a beauty for sure. I have an all black FJ Cruiser that I bought new in '06 and she looks great at night and when clean, but it does take commitment.

Question: Is there a silver guard in the rear of the cargo bay (where the latch is) like in this photo? If so, is it plastic or metal?

Last edited by N8!; 05-06-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all the well wishes and the washing comments. Thankfully I have garage parking at home and work...and a self-wash right across the street. I'll now tackle the questions..
Old 05-06-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by morecowbell75
Have fun and drive safe.

How is the power?
any way to access CarPlay without going to main menu and then using the scroll wheel?
How's the power...Well I'm coming from a 2.0T Q5 so no comparison there. I had an s60 R-Design that had 325/350 and this Audi feels just as zippy as that car. I think is only a few tenths of a second slower based on track numbers. I'm not at 1000 miles yet so I haven't fully let her rip.

If you want it to be ready to get up and go from a stop have the car set to dynamic, comfort mode requires a little more time to get her moving. At speed acceleration is great....I'll have my first ticket in no time.

Carplay i'm just getting into, now that i've used it a few drives most of the time when I plug my phone in it automatically switches to CarPlay...but I have to get in the habit of plugging in each time I get in. If I let MMI get going then plug in I have to scroll to CarPlay...but I still have a lot to figure out.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MatsKraft
Gorgeous car. Classy and aggressive. Congrats JSING!

I have a SB with an identical exterior on order. These pics make me feel really good about my soon to be purchase. Mine is due for dealer delivery within the next two weeks. Getting close!

A couple questions about the tint. Was that done before purchase, and what % tint is it? That tint on Mythos w/ aluminum trim looks fantastic.
It was sitting on the floor with that tint already, the dealer did it and I didn't ask the percentage. Being that the dealer did it I'm thinking around 30%...Which is just right, not too dark at night and not too clear in the day.

I've always liked Black Optics but with this color scheme the chrome is just right.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jk10
i test drove an a5 sb this week, but didn't remember to sit in the backseat to check out the legroom. i'm guessing there isn't much, but wanted to ask. i'll probably go back tomorrow to see for myself.
Rear legroom is going to depend on how much room the people in the front require. I'm 6 foot, long legs and I can adjust the seat so that I can comfortably drive and sit behind the drivers seat...but my everyday position would leave it a lil tight in the back. Passenger side no problem at all fitting front/back.

Headroom in the back isn't an issue like one might think...but trying to stuff someone in the middle would be quite tight because of the drive shaft hump.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by morecowbell75
That's really not relevant but I'm curious as well
Nike workout gear, about to cruise out to Red Rocks. I'll report back on a few of the other questions later.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the purchase! A real black beauty!

I just put a deposit on a silver A5 Prestige SB with gray interior, which is in transit and set to arrive in a couple weeks. The sales manager did not discount my purchase, but threw in a 5-year maintenance plan. Based on the "prices paid" thread, I didn't do well and should get 4-6% off MSRP, but since these are new and Prestige is a rare find, they wouldn't do it. I did get offers of $1,000 - $1,400 below invoice for a couple A7's in stock, but they've probably been on the lot for months and would cost $12 - $15k more. Love A7's, but that much?

Noticed you are in Denver. So am I! If you got a better deal, please let me know which dealer did that for you!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N8!
You pulled the trigger - congratulations JSING.

She's a beauty for sure. I have an all black FJ Cruiser that I bought new in '06 and she looks great at night and when clean, but it does take commitment.

Question: Is there a silver guard in the rear of the cargo bay (where the latch is) like in this photo? If so, is it plastic or metal?

N8! I can confirm the piece is metal

Quick Reply: Got an A5 Sportback! Feel free to ask questions