Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Have you seen a fellow SB on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
My dealer told me that in average it can take up to two weeks for port release. My allroad was released in 10 days. Most of the posts around the forum where owners share their experience tend to indicate a one week wait, some were able to release within just a couple of days... and only a few took more than 2 weeks.
I placed a deposit on my A5 SB on 05/30/17 while it was in transit on a ship to Davisville, RI; so I started tracking it while on the ship. The ship docked on 06/07 @06:27, my car was released from customs on 06/08 @unknown time, and it was delivered to the dealer in Northern VA on 06/10 before 14:25; and I picked it up on 06/11. I can't speak for other process times, but this was mine.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
Mine just showed up yesterday. Navarra Blue S5 with Rotor Grey interior on 18" wheels. Currently parked next to my Phantom Black 2012 S4 which I'll regretfully be selling soon. The S5 will be prowling around the corridors of central NJ in the coming months, trying to get through the break in period as quickly as possible.

I've yet to see another one on the road although all of the dealers around me have been showing them in inventory for the last few weeks now.
Ran into this beauty today in Philly while I was getting lunch at Sweetgreen. Is this your car? Saw it on Market and 16th. Beautiful color! I think the 18" wheels match your description. First time seeing another S5 SB in person, on a street, since I first picked mine up back in early May 😱 It's still an unicorn!

Old 07-26-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by INCINER8
Ran into this beauty today in Philly while I was getting lunch at Sweetgreen. Is this your car? Saw it on Market and 16th. Beautiful color! I think the 18" wheels match your description. First time seeing another S5 SB in person, on a street, since I first picked mine up back in early May 😱 It's still an unicorn!
Not mine - but it's a mirror image. I'm still trying to convince myself that going with the 18" wheels was the right decision. I just sold my 2012 S4 with the 19" peelers and I loved the way they filled the wheel arches on the car even though I hated dealing with pothole damage. While I like the design of the 18's better than the 19" Cavo's, I really feel like the 18's don't visually fit the car size wise. They just aren't aggressive enough. I may begin to change my mind soon now that I don't have the peelers to look at every day. If I don't then the plan is to use the 18's for winter tires and buy a set of aftermarket 19's for the next set of summer tires.

Still haven't seen any on the road around me yet. I'm a bit surprised by that, I really figured they would start popping up like mushrooms after a rainstorm. Q5's on the other hand, they are even more common than deer on the roads around here, and for people not from the NJ area, that's pretty damn common!
Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any SB owners in the Charlotte, NC area? I haven't seen any yet... I have a Daytona Grey S5 SB, so keep an eye out if you are...
Old 07-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here in L.A. it's like a unicorn... I always keep an eye out when I'm on the road but so far I've seen none apart from the ones in the dealer lot.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:46 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RengieMendoza
Here in L.A. it's like a unicorn... I always keep an eye out when I'm on the road but so far I've seen none apart from the ones in the dealer lot.
same in Denver.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't seen any here in Lake Tahoe, but I've had several other cars like Mustangs, Camaros, etc. revving up on me but I haven't broken the break-in period yet. Soon though
Old 07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still waiting on my S5 to get here from the port in Houston, but saw an A5 SB on the road in Austin this past weekend. Seeing it on the move reinforced that I made the right decision going for the SB. Haven't noticed any in Dallas just yet though.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was built just last week (W29) and is now in transfer to Emden. I did not see a single one on the road until two days ago when this one pulled up beside me:

Then this morning an Ibis Whit S5 SB (like my color) drove right by me on the opposite side of the road.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I live in Dallas and have an A4, but I always notice other Audis on the road. In the B9, I have only seen an S5 Coupe. I have not seen one SB on the road. But then, I've only seen a few other B9 A4's on the road.

Quick Reply: Have you seen a fellow SB on the road?