Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Inconsistant Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:53 AM
S5SB Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconsistant Throttle Response

Hey all-

New S5 SB owner- from reading these forums it looks like I came to the right place! I love the S5 and wouldn't switch for $.
That said: I have noticed some inconsistent throttle response off the line. It's different from turbo lag, it definitely feels electronic. Even in Dynamic it's there to a lesser degree.

So, I guess the questions are 1) has anyone else experienced it? 2) is there an organic fix? 3) if not- I'm sure a chip or a tuner would fix it and are there any available?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 12-13-2017, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default have you tried Auto?

Originally Posted by warchilde30
Hey all-

New S5 SB owner- from reading these forums it looks like I came to the right place! I love the S5 and wouldn't switch for $.
That said: I have noticed some inconsistent throttle response off the line. It's different from turbo lag, it definitely feels electronic. Even in Dynamic it's there to a lesser degree.

So, I guess the questions are 1) has anyone else experienced it? 2) is there an organic fix? 3) if not- I'm sure a chip or a tuner would fix it and are there any available?

Any help is appreciated!
I use Auto for both my engine and transmission in my Individual settings for everyday driving in Drive. It is supposed to be adaptive, and seems to work. I find the throttle response very similar to my BMW 435i with the drivetrain in Comfort. Of course Dynamic works fine when you put it in Sport.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warchilde30
Hey all-

Any help is appreciated!
Are you speaking more of the throttle response, specifically the delay at times? If so, I agree - it could use some improvement. I agree the throttle tip-in is inconsistent.

----
Old 12-14-2017, 10:12 AM
S5SB Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quattrings
Are you speaking more of the throttle response, specifically the delay at times? If so, I agree - it could use some improvement. I agree the throttle tip-in is inconsistent.

----
yeah, response times. The upper end of the power band is fantastic but there's a delay on the low end throttle. My experience has been this is almost always electronic. I was able to "cure" it in a previous ride with a custom tune. I'll be poking around for tuners and/or chips, haven't seen any yet but hopefully soon