Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Independent shop for alignment in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Independent shop for alignment in Houston

Anyone have a good Indy in Houston? I’m having a slight pull to the right on my S5 SB that the dealer just cannot or will not spend the time to identify and resolve. I rather pay a good shop for a proper alignment and not waste any more time at the dealer. I just put on new tires but the drift was there before. They are blaming the tires of course.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Do you have lane assist? I believe I read on another thread that the owner had an issue with the vehicle pulling? Turned off the lane assist, problem solved.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NJS5
Do you have lane assist? I believe I read on another thread that the owner had an issue with the vehicle pulling? Turned off the lane assist, problem solved.
Hey. Yup, I have lane assist and the pull happens when it’s either on or off. :-(
Old 06-11-2019, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

I have heard good things about BAR tuning
https://bartuning.com/
Old 06-11-2019, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I am that other guy who posted about ALA likes to hug the right line, and I have spent a TON of time trying to find the cause of my car drifting to the right. I just got back from the dealer today for my 3rd alignment. I can just tell you, unless it's something new you noticed, or you hit a curb hard or something, alignment probably has nothing to do with your car pulling to the right. It's road crown. Our wide tires + road crown means our car pulls more to the right than other cars with thinner tires. I also wouldn't mess with the alignment unless you have to, as it's super expensive to have to calibrate all the ACC-related sensors.

Also, the factory already set the right side to have a more positive caster than the left side, and that will aid, somewhat, the drifting to the right, issue. Even after my 3rd alignment, my car still drifts to the right like when I first drove it off the lot.

I verified it's road crown by taping a tiny bubble level on top of the MMI screen. First park your car on a level surface like your garage (verify it's level by parking nose in and nose out and see if the bubble stays in the center), and then go out and drive around. You'll notice 99% of the road slopes to the right. If you then drive on a road slopes to the left, your car will pull to the left. Once you discover that, it's proof that your alignment isn't causing the pull.

Last edited by luder888; 06-11-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by luder888
I am that other guy who posted about ALA likes to hug the right line, and I have spent a TON of time trying to find the cause of my car drifting to the right. I just got back from the dealer today for my 3rd alignment. I can just tell you, unless it's something new you noticed, or you hit a curb hard or something, alignment probably has nothing to do with your car pulling to the right. It's road crown. Our wide tires + road crown means our car pulls more to the right than other cars with thinner tires. I also wouldn't mess with the alignment unless you have to, as it's super expensive to have to calibrate all the ACC-related sensors.

Also, the factory already set the right side to have a more positive caster than the left side, and that will aid, somewhat, the drifting to the right, issue. Even after my 3rd alignment, my car still drifts to the right like when I first drove it off the lot.

I verified it's road crown by taping a tiny bubble level on top of the MMI screen. First park your car on a level surface like your garage (verify it's level by parking nose in and nose out and see if the bubble stays in the center), and then go out and drive around. You'll notice 99% of the road slopes to the right. If you then drive on a road slopes to the left, your car will pull to the left. Once you discover that, it's proof that your alignment isn't causing the pull.
Luder888, thanks for the post. Very informative. Good thinking with the bubble level. I think I’m going to try that out this weekend.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
I just got back from the dealer today for my 3rd alignment.
That's no way to live.