Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Installed a new Subwoofer (NON B.O. Coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
Unfortunately the pioneer, like most shallow subs, wont hit the deepest frequencies very well without an enclosure. The kicker can get down below 30 hz which is pretty impressive for free-air. It does hang down a little but it's not bad if you use a spacer like I did. Maybe I'm jaded since my last S4 had a Pioneer champion series subwoofer in that location and it's magnet was truly ridiculous and did actually create storage problems in the trunk.
Can you shere a photo of your trunk with this sub installed? I m interested how deep is the sub, i mean how much it hang down
Old 12-09-2023, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alpina540i
The app I think I used was called:
"Tone Generator: Frequency & So."
I downloaded the app. I will try to use it soon. 😜
I was looking youe Pioneer TS-A2500LS4, but what i see there is diffrent sizes and power. Can you please shere the link orspecifications of your sub and amp also?
CompC10 from Bobby Kinstle also looks interesting, i think both options are great.
What do you think about welding a new brace bar under the rear deck, and/or cubby holes in the boot. (Bruce_miranda have sent the links) also looks very interesting.
What is generally best position for sub for sound and to avoid rattle and vibrations or it doesn't matter much? ​​​
Old 12-10-2023, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rcsac
I was looking youe Pioneer TS-A2500LS4, but what i see there is diffrent sizes and power. Can you please shere the link orspecifications of your sub and amp also?
CompC10 from Bobby Kinstle also looks interesting, i think both options are great.
What do you think about welding a new brace bar under the rear deck, and/or cubby holes in the boot. (Bruce_miranda have sent the links) also looks very interesting.
What is generally best position for sub for sound and to avoid rattle and vibrations or it doesn't matter much? ​​​
Vibrations come from sub grill, maybe from right grill as well bit i m not sure for right one

https://jumpshare.com/s/m9gKoaSZwAK1WYWf9LIO
https://jumpshare.com/s/xeY4KHsZbepHj2qtFZjK

Old 12-15-2023, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks to everyone who joined the conversation since the beginning of this thread. I have find few very interested options and now i will explore more and decide which one i willl try.

Pioneer TS-A2500LS4
CompC10.
Kicker Hideaway HS10
SUB SPEAKER ENCLOSURE BOX/BASSER enclosures

​​​​​​My sound sistem is B&0, and the thread is non B&0 so i hope this will works

Cheers 👍

Last edited by Rcsac; 12-15-2023 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Rcsac,

You can just search the pioneer part number via Amazon it's 1200w. I'm using a small class D 250w RMS amplifier.

My application didn't require the metal brace under the rear deck, more powerful setups may require it.

​​Subwoofers will propagate vibrations no matter where they are placed it's kinda their job. Just mount and isolate rattles where needed.

Good luck with your installation!

The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (12-16-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alpina540i
Rcsac,

You can just search the pioneer part number via Amazon it's 1200w. I'm using a small class D 250w RMS amplifier.

My application didn't require the metal brace under the rear deck, more powerful setups may require it.

​​Subwoofers will propagate vibrations no matter where they are placed it's kinda their job. Just mount and isolate rattles where needed.

Good luck with your installation!
Hi Alpina540i. Thanks again for your reply.
Can i apply your setup wirh B&O sound sistem, will RMS amll work with B&O amp? Or i need a KickerKey500 amp?
I m not able to do anything of any instalation by myself, probably i wlll find somebody for this job and just forward my wishes to expert.

I will probably start installation in February, but for beginning i will mount and isolate rattles where needed because its very annoying

​​​​​​

Last edited by Rcsac; 12-17-2023 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Alpina540i. Thanks again for your reply.
Can i apply your setup wirh B&O sound sistem, will RMS amll work with B&O amp? Or i need a KickerKey500 amp?
I m not able to do anything of any instalation by myself, probably i wlll find somebody for this job and just forward my wishes to expert.

I will probably start installation in February, but for beginning i will mount and isolate rattles where needed because its very annoying

​​​​​​
Hi Alpina540i,
​​Pleaae if you are available, how to remove subwoofer grill from a5 b9 coupe?

Old 05-13-2024, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone installed an amp in a B9.5 with the 12V mild Hybrid?
I know the first step for any electrical work is to disconnect the negative terminal... since my car has two batteries.. looks like I have to disconnect middle wire on the 2nd battery and then measure the jump start point in the engine compartment to make sure voltage is 0.

When i re-connect have to reset the windows and will get warning lights until I drive a few miles. Anything else I need to worry about?

I read somewhere that the TCM settings basic settings will need to be reestablished??

Hoping someone can share their experience with the 12V mild Hybrid.

Old 05-15-2024, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Well, my setup has served me well thanks to this thread, but my Audi goes away tonight on trade. I appreciate all the help from everyone on here. I doubt I will pull all the front speakers and mounting brackets, but I will pull the sub box, sub, and amp from the rear deck of my sportback and throw it on the sales page.

Again, thanks. You guys were invaluable.

Last edited by Coercion Shaman; 05-15-2024 at 08:26 AM.
Rcsac (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman
Well, my setup has served me well thanks to this thread, but my Audi goes away tonight on trade. I appreciate all the help from everyone on here. I doubt I will pull all the front speakers and mounting brackets, but I will pull the sub box, sub, and amp from the rear deck of my sportback and throw it on the sales page.

Again, thanks. You guys were invaluable.
Yes true, I also collected a lot valuable information and it was not in vain.. 😀
Coercion Shaman (05-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Installed a new Subwoofer (NON B.O. Coupe)