Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

License plate filler

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default License plate filler

Hi guys,

I bought my S5 Sportback in NC (came with delete front license plate option) and although I love the way my car looks without one, I live in VA and I need to put on a front license plate... Any instruction videos on how to remove the filler plate and install the license plate holder (already have the part)?
Old 07-16-2017, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SmogTM
Hi guys,

I bought my S5 Sportback in NC (came with delete front license plate option) and although I love the way my car looks without one, I live in VA and I need to put on a front license plate... Any instruction videos on how to remove the filler plate and install the license plate holder (already have the part)?
I have the front license plate holder part since I just had a filler put in. It's required in NJ but I drove my last car 3 years without one without a ticket. I keep the front license plate in my glovebox so if I get pulled over I will say that the car came without one and I've waiting for the bracket to come in, blah blah.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
I have the front license plate holder part since I just had a filler put in. It's required in NJ but I drove my last car 3 years without one without a ticket. I keep the front license plate in my glovebox so if I get pulled over I will say that the car came without one and I've waiting for the bracket to come in, blah blah.
and you never got a ticket?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by driveonlyaudi
and you never got a ticket?
Nope, actually I haven't had a front license plate for about 5 years. First BMW 535XI then 740XLI. Neither had front plate holder so no front plate. Parked all over NY/NJ without issue. In fact, was in a car accident in the 535 and cops didn't even say anything. I see lots of cars with NJ plates without a front plate. I think it's one of those things that they can get you for but most of the times they don't seem bothered.

I just figure it's worth it - worst case if I have the front plate with me I can convince the cop to let me off....luckily haven't had a problem yet.