Mishimoto B9 S4/S5 Catch Can R&D Thread - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Mishimoto B9 S4/S5 Catch Can R&D Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this up again, and also let you know that we're on the hunt for another S4/5 to perform our mileage testing on, since the Green Machine was on loan from a local dealership. If you happen to be in the DE/MD/NJ/PA area and are interested in donating your Audi, drop me a PM!

-Nick
Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Guys,

Bumping this up since we're still looking for an S4/5 loaner vehicle to run our mileage testing on! If you're in the area shoot me a PM and we can get you scheduled to come in!

-Nick
Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ArvX147 View Post
Presence of oil does not confirm rate of accumulation or demonstrate a need for a catch can, as I said, catch can always filled with water and very little oil.

If a very small amount of oil blowing by was a problem they would have just made the stock system better, but I am certain its not a problem.

But by all means keep trying to sell product that people don't need to the others who will gladly buy this because they believe the marketing. Just voicing my opinion.
+1
Old 01-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this up and let you know that we're still plugging away at this project! We're going to have an S4 back in the shop next week to fit up our prototype so that we can put some mileage on our kit. Stay tuned!

-Nick
Old 01-10-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ArvX147 View Post
Presence of oil does not confirm rate of accumulation or demonstrate a need for a catch can, as I said, catch can always filled with water and very little oil.

If a very small amount of oil blowing by was a problem they would have just made the stock system better, but I am certain its not a problem.

But by all means keep trying to sell product that people don't need to the others who will gladly buy this because they believe the marketing. Just voicing my opinion.

Plus if you drive in sub freezing temperatures these kits are dangerous if you do not routinely (every couple days) empty the canister. You don't want to have the can full of frozen water.