Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My first wheel clean with P&S Brake Buster

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

I bought a gallon of this stuff about 8 weeks ago. I've been under-whelmed by what I've seen. I wrote to the company and asked them about dilution ratios as there is nothing on the label about diluting it. The company replied with "it can be diluted up to 1:15 based on specific needs." So, I started out at 1:4 and have moved all the way back to 100% strength to get a result I deem acceptable. When diluted, I found the cleaning power was weak and the product dried on the wheel way too fast and I ended up having to clean the wheel twice. The product works OK at full strength. I can't see diluting it. There are better products out there that can be diluted, if that's what you seek.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by audijk
Watched your video last week - thanks for posting! Are your wheels ceramic coated? Looked like a decent, quick, in-between, no-scrub option if you don’t want to go through the hassle of agitating but not as effective without the brushes.

have you been using the product since you filmed the video? Any additional thoughts?
i love this third product for my use case...i was my car regularly so it brake dust doesn’t get caked on. My wheels aren’t ceramic coated but they do have protection on them.

Last edited by iampraneel; 10-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
I bought a gallon of this stuff about 8 weeks ago. I've been under-whelmed by what I've seen. I wrote to the company and asked them about dilution ratios as there is nothing on the label about diluting it. The company replied with "it can be diluted up to 1:15 based on specific needs." So, I started out at 1:4 and have moved all the way back to 100% strength to get a result I deem acceptable. When diluted, I found the cleaning power was weak and the product dried on the wheel way too fast and I ended up having to clean the wheel twice. The product works OK at full strength. I can't see diluting it. There are better products out there that can be diluted, if that's what you seek.
interesting. Everything I’ve seen suggests a 5:1 ratio but I used it straight out of the spray bottle for this first run. I didn’t have an issue with it drying but again, I didn’t dilute from the spray bottle. I just ordered an IK9 foam sprayer so I’ll see how that works.

What other products have you used that you recommend? Always looking for ideas!

The only other product I was considering was the Auto-fanatics wheel cleaning foam but that didn’t look like it was for both wheels and tires and I’m lucky if I can find the time to do one let alone mixing, maintaining multiple products for just the wheels and tires.

I just ordered a gallon of the P&S BB so I’ll post back as I get more washes under my belt and see if I like this as much longer term.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by audijk
interesting. Everything I’ve seen suggests a 5:1 ratio but I used it straight out of the spray bottle for this first run.

What other products have you used that you recommend? Always looking for ideas!

I just ordered a gallon of the P&S BB so I’ll post back as I get more washes under my belt and see if I like this as much longer term.
JK, I've yet to see anything in writing about diluting their wheel cleaner. There's nothing on the label, there's nothing on their website. It's entirely possible the product is best when used at 100%.

P&S is known for their Bead Maker product...gets good reviews.

I've gone thru many wheel cleaners over the years, I'm only applying with a sprayer. No foaming. Somebody had recommended I try the NanoSkin non-acid wheel cleaner a couple of years ago and have been using that since. It is recommended to be diluted at 1:4 and it works well at 1:4. (The label shows this info.) It works great on rubber, does a good job of cleaning wheels. I bought a 5 gallon container on Amazon earlier this year for $67 - - that's a lot of wheel cleaner that should last a couple of years!

P21S is a very good wheel cleaner.

Autoglym's non-acid wheel cleaner is probably my all-time favorite, but it's $$$$ and very difficult to obtain in bulk in the USA.

A great bargain: Eagle One Black & Plasti-Coat wheel cleaner has the color changing chemical (reacts with irons) and I always like to have this on hand for difficult wheel cleaning. I bought a bunch at O'Reilly's when on sale, $6. W*mart shows it for $5.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:04 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

I have used P21S on my Supra and was very impressed with the results. I had totally forgotten about that product until your post.

— John
Old 10-09-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, great product, John, but gets expensive when you use a lot.