Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

My Nardo RS5 SB

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 05:16 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
Answered in the other thread. Cliff Notes.
Yes. Thought about black ppf rather than vinyl (like @heymoe mentioned). Need to wrap or paint with possibly removing antennae to do properly. Decided to leave body color.

Good call - it looks best like that anyhow.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Almost done. In process pics of the last sections, hood and rocker panels. Finishing touches today.

After a couple of months of off waiting for port release, last five days seem to have been more painful.

Last edited by Jimminez@Nemesis; 01-25-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good. You still have to wait for the ceramic coating and curing though right?
Old 01-25-2019, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Looking good. You still have to wait for the ceramic coating and curing though right?
Coating started this morning. Will only do one coat now and will do more in the spring.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Coating started this morning. Will only do one coat now and will do more in the spring.
ohhhhhh....so shiny! Mine is locked away at the detailer getting the same treatment. I got the self healing, multicoat so it is locked down until Monday night unfortunately. You’re defiantly ahead of me though with your wheels, I’m still rolling stock but next my black rings will be in and after wheels then suspension.

Are you doing black badges? I tried ordering it that way but they messed up and picked rear airbags instead. They ordered the rings for me this week but said the badges aren’t available in black which I found strange. Tag motor sports sells blacked out RS badges so I’ll probably go that route.

Last edited by Tbone323; 01-25-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:55 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

I’ll be putting black rear rings on. For the side fenders, just wrapping the lines with tinted xpel for now.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tbone323

ohhhhhh....so shiny! Mine is locked away at the detailer getting the same treatment. I got the self healing, multicoat so it is locked down until Monday night unfortunately. You’re defiantly ahead of me though with your wheels, I’m still rolling stock but next my black rings will be in and after wheels then suspension.

Are you doing black badges? I tried ordering it that way but they messed up and picked rear airbags instead. They ordered the rings for me this week but said the badges aren’t available in black which I found strange. Tag motor sports sells blacked out RS badges so I’ll probably go that route.
Yeah that is odd. I ordered the black audi rings and badges on my build
Old 01-25-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Almost done. In process pics of the last sections, hood and rocker panels. Finishing touches today.

After a couple of months of off waiting for port release, last five days seem to have been more painful.

What does this coating protect against, how long does it last and how much is it? Does it help against long-term rust by any chance? I got rust along the fenders on my long-term B8 right where you took that last photo...
Old 01-25-2019, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt
What does this coating protect against, how long does it last and how much is it? Does it help against long-term rust by any chance? I got rust along the fenders on my long-term B8 right where you took that last photo...
The left lists benefits of PPF and the right lists benefits of ceramic coating. He has both being done to his vehicle.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Done for now. No ceramic done right now. Not enough time to cure for pick up tonight. Will do it later. Adding it to the ppf will just help with some shine and dirt deterant. Not as much benefit over ppf as straight in paint. PPF is the larger factor in protecting the paint in this case.

Also, fender badges will be swapped with black as tinted xpel wouldn’t stick well to them.

Quick Reply: My Nardo RS5 SB