Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Navarra/Black Optics RS5

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts
Default Navarra/Black Optics RS5

Sorry they are so dark, will get some fresh ones tomorrow once the snow clears.

Car is in stock, ready to go

Navarra Blue/Black, Dynamic, B & O, Driver Assist, Navigation, Nappa, No front plate. No crazy markups, no bs, available for immediate delivery for a great deal
Old 03-21-2018, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Love the look of the black optic on the Navarra Blue. Not digging those wheels though, they are just a bit too loud for my tastes. I much prefer the look of the Vorsteiner and similar wheels that a lot of forum members here are now running.

Now if the weather would only turn warmer here so I could start blacking out some of the excessive chrome trim on my Navarra Blue S5.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The wheels aren't that a big a deal to me personally, though I can see where it would be polarizing. At the same time, I think the stock S5 19's are yawn worth as well. Easily changed though. I think the biggest thing with most aftermarket wheels now is there isn't much uniqueness. Everything is the same as everything else, made in virtually the same places, the same designs that have been around for 10 years. Only very few are standing out nowadays to me.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! Almost like mine, except I ordered the 5-arm wheels and didn't get the DAP. I just love how Navarra looks under different lighting conditions. The black optics goes so well with it, too.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
The wheels aren't that a big a deal to me personally, though I can see where it would be polarizing. At the same time, I think the stock S5 19's are yawn worth as well. Easily changed though. I think the biggest thing with most aftermarket wheels now is there isn't much uniqueness. Everything is the same as everything else, made in virtually the same places, the same designs that have been around for 10 years. Only very few are standing out nowadays to me.
Even worse are the 18" wheels. It's like they had the basic concept right, a simple 5 twin-spoke design, but just messed up in the execution by making the spokes non symmetrical.

There is a Mercedes at my office with a similar design in a 19" wheel that I think are just perfection. I drool a little bit every time I see them.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
Even worse are the 18" wheels. It's like they had the basic concept right, a simple 5 twin-spoke design, but just messed up in the execution by making the spokes non symmetrical.

There is a Mercedes at my office with a similar design in a 19" wheel that I think are just perfection. I drool a little bit every time I see them.

i actualy prefer the 18’s to the 19’s. Ordered my own car with 18’s
Old 03-21-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Designs are personal taste of course. But all 3 wheel options on the RS5 are very high quality forged wheels. Taking any one of these off and putting on a Taiwanese made wheel, such as Vorsteiner by example, on an RS vehicle would seem madness to me. But each to their own.

That Navarra with black optics car you have looks excellent, can't imagine it will hang around for long.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Glisse
Designs are personal taste of course. But all 3 wheel options on the RS5 are very high quality forged wheels. Taking any one of these off and putting on a Taiwanese made wheel, such as Vorsteiner by example, on an RS vehicle would seem madness to me. But each to their own.

That Navarra with black optics car you have looks excellent, can't imagine it will hang around for long.
I’d agree. It would be a difficult car to spec truly useful wheels for, but I’d likely go BBS

I agree, the black optics on the blue really is a great subtle but aggressive contrast
Old 03-21-2018, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i actualy prefer the 18’s to the 19’s. Ordered my own car with 18’s
I ordered the 18's as well. I prefer the look of the 19's but not enough to offset the negatives that come along with a wheel that size. I had 19" peelers on my S4 and I still get nightmares about having to take that car on the poorly maintained roads of New Jersey.

Quick Reply: Navarra/Black Optics RS5