Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

New iPhone - myAudi Verification Required AGAIN?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 04:34 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 358 Likes on 232 Posts
Default New iPhone - myAudi Verification Required AGAIN?!?

Picked up a new iPhone 14 and now I have to go to a dealership to verify my identity???? This is REALLY annoying. I can't use all the features of Audi Connect, like sending and address to the car OTA, until re-verification is complete. Why the bleep do I suddenly need to do this? Did happen last year when I upgraded to the iPhone 13.

The app claims it'll take less than 5 minutes to complete. Yeah, but what about the time it takes to drive there then get someone's attention, then find someone who is both willing to do this and actually knows what to do.

Anyone know how to complete verification without wasting ~hour+ going to the dealership?
Old 09-25-2022, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
Picked up a new iPhone 14 and now I have to go to a dealership to verify my identity???? This is REALLY annoying. I can't use all the features of Audi Connect, like sending and address to the car OTA, until re-verification is complete. Why the bleep do I suddenly need to do this? Did happen last year when I upgraded to the iPhone 13.

The app claims it'll take less than 5 minutes to complete. Yeah, but what about the time it takes to drive there then get someone's attention, then find someone who is both willing to do this and actually knows what to do.

Anyone know how to complete verification without wasting ~hour+ going to the dealership?
The same thing happened to me for no apparent reason months ago (I didn't get a new phone). I simply gave up on the app because going to the dealership to try and get it fixed was not worth my time.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 648 Likes on 421 Posts

That's strange I got the new iPhone 14 (upgraded from my 13) and nothing changed. Did you reinstall myAudi app from new or did you set up your phone from a backup?
Old 09-25-2022, 07:43 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by JD15
The same thing happened to me for no apparent reason months ago (I didn't get a new phone). I simply gave up on the app because going to the dealership to try and get it fixed was not worth my time.
I’ve been using the onboard nav recently and need the app to send addresses to the cars. Without the app fully functional this won’t work. I don’t use the app for anything else.

Originally Posted by Burrcold
That's strange I got the new iPhone 14 (upgraded from my 13) and nothing changed. Did you reinstall myAudi app from new or did you set up your phone from a backup?
just activated the iPhone 14, transferred everything over from prior phone. Didn’t have this issue last year when I upgraded to the 13.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

My iPhone 14 should be delivered later this week. Hopefully it will be seamless. If it’s not, I have a service appointment in a few weeks so if I need dealer intervention it won’t be too much of a hassle. Technology is always interesting.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:15 AM
Club AutoUnion

I should clarify, I can send an address to the car directly from the app, I think. What I typically do is use Apple Maps to find something, then use the Share feature to send to MyAudi app, and hence the cars. Guess I should try that now. If it works then I couldn’t care less about logging into app with a pin
Old 09-25-2022, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
I’ve been using the onboard nav recently and need the app to send addresses to the cars. Without the app fully functional this won’t work. I don’t use the app for anything else.

just activated the iPhone 14, transferred everything over from prior phone. Didn’t have this issue last year when I upgraded to the 13.
The stability of Android Auto increased to the point that I started using that almost exclusively, though I still preferred HUD integration of the built-in navigation. Audi's tech integration is probably the worst of any major manufacturer, based on my recent experiences.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
No issues when I switched to my iPhone 14 either
Old 09-25-2022, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

You do not need to go to the dealer - it can be done remotely, if required. Simply send the salesperson your contract number (found within the app, contract agreement), which should start with USAU.

alternatively, you can try just resetting your PIN number inside the app too
Old 09-25-2022, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to log in to the app again after upgrading my phone (x to 14), and click that I "agree" to the key user agreement but not re-enter anything besides my password to log in to the app.

Quick Reply: New iPhone - myAudi Verification Required AGAIN?!?