Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

OK...so I have a production week.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default OK...so I have a production week.

Not sure what went on the last two months of waiting (well I have an idea )... but my salesman sent me a new screen yesterday and the current status is now Factory, production week is 4617 and the ETA is 12/7/17-1/4/18.

It now looks like I wasn't quite being told the truth when they said they had allocation to fill my order when we originally placed it on 7/2...but at this point that's water under the bridge and really not much I can do about that now...I'm just hoping I can trust them completely.

Quick question: Does the ETA mean when it should arrive at the dealership? I know I was originally hoping to take delivery sometime early in November but obviously that isn't happening.

Also...at the 11th hour I'm actually waffling now on whether to switch my exterior color from Navarra to Daytona while keeping my Magma Red interior...I know, weird,huh?

It's just that I have yet to see Navarra in person and I'm afraid it'll be too dark of a shade of blue.
I am headed up to SF for the weekend and I know Audi SF has Navarra in stock...I may pop my head in there and check it out in person before I make my final decision.

Does anyone know when the last date I'll have to make changes based on my production week and ETA?

Thanks guys...just torn at the moment and want to make certain I make the right decision...either of these colors will be fabulous I'm certain.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Not sure what went on the last two months of waiting (well I have an idea )... but my salesman sent me a new screen yesterday and the current status is now Factory, production week is 4617 and the ETA is 12/7/17-1/4/18.

It now looks like I wasn't quite being told the truth when they said they had allocation to fill my order when we originally placed it on 7/2...but at this point that's water under the bridge and really not much I can do about that now...I'm just hoping I can trust them completely.

Quick question: Does the ETA mean when it should arrive at the dealership? I know I was originally hoping to take delivery sometime early in November but obviously that isn't happening.

Also...at the 11th hour I'm actually waffling now on whether to switch my exterior color from Navarra to Daytona while keeping my Magma Red interior...I know, weird,huh?

It's just that I have yet to see Navarra in person and I'm afraid it'll be too dark of a shade of blue.
I am headed up to SF for the weekend and I know Audi SF has Navarra in stock...I may pop my head in there and check it out in person before I make my final decision.

Does anyone know when the last date I'll have to make changes based on my production week and ETA?

Thanks guys...just torn at the moment and want to make certain I make the right decision...either of these colors will be fabulous I'm certain.
Yeah looking at them in person is key. I was in northern CA for a couple of weeks in August and hit several dealers just so I could see a sportback because there weren't any in NH. I ended up falling in love with the mythos at Rocklin audi so that's what I ordered. I can tell you that if you like dark blue Navarra is beautiful but it is very dark.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

The order can lock at anytime. Can be tomorrow or can be weeks from now. Really no way to be sure.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The order can lock at anytime. Can be tomorrow or can be weeks from now. Really no way to be sure...
Thanks for that info...like I said earlier, I'd be happy with either color..just want to be positive.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

I am so glad to see they have the ETA dates for you now. As SYMAWD pointed out above, the order can be frozen to changes at anytime, but once it does, production is usually about a month out from that date. As far as the ETA dates for delivery, there are so many ETA dates listed on the sheet that you would need more info as to what ETA dates he was giving you. A screenshot of the order status would help a lot.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I am so glad to see they have the ETA dates for you now. As SYMAWD pointed out above, the order can be frozen to changes at anytime, but once it does, production is usually about a month out from that date. As far as the ETA dates for delivery, there are so many ETA dates listed on the sheet that you would need more info as to what ETA dates he was giving you. A screenshot of the order status would help a lot.
Thanks...here's what I received, they're telling me the ETA is when the vehicle is due to arrive at the dealership.:

Last edited by buickfunnycar; 09-14-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It IS dark in the shade and in overcast weather - it almost has a purple tone and frankly not that interesting. However.... in the sun, it really, really comes alive - when the sun catches the metallic flake at the right angle, it turns a very vibrant blue and provides much greater contrast, highlighting the lines, than I believe any the daytona could provide.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rocko76
It IS dark in the shade and in overcast weather - it almost has a purple tone and frankly not that interesting. However.... in the sun, it really, really comes alive - when the sun catches the metallic flake at the right angle, it turns a very vibrant blue and provides much greater contrast, highlighting the lines, than I believe any the daytona could provide...
Thanks for that info rocko, that's my exact take on Navarra too...I know it lends itself to dark rich blues and almost purple in tone in a twilight setting...and that's not a bad thing since my wife loves purple...our front door is painted purple...don't ask,lol!

Still torn though...will check them out on Sunday and finally decide.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am concerned about these dates. I took almost 2.5 months from order to get this? It could be another month to build and yet another month to ship?

I ordered my S5 coupe last week. Am I really looking at January for delivery? OMG. Please tell me this is an outlier and not norm. My dealer has told be I should have it around Thanksgiving, but I have no further info than that.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zoepup
I am concerned about these dates. I took almost 2.5 months from order to get this? It could be another month to build and yet another month to ship?

I ordered my S5 coupe last week. Am I really looking at January for delivery? OMG. Please tell me this is an outlier and not norm. My dealer has told be I should have it around Thanksgiving, but I have no further info than that...
Yes, I believe this is a outlier, they told me during our very first conversation they had allocation to fill my order but looking back, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I basically sat on my hands for 2.5 months waiting for information which was not forthcoming...which is the frustrating part. I want to trust they they're doing right by me but now, I'll have to second guess everything I hear.

Are you signed up for the "owner in waiting" program...?
That should supply you with all the info you need to track your car going forward.

Quick Reply: OK...so I have a production week.