Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
Does the RS5 engine cover come with carbon fiber accents only with one of the carbon packages? I don't see it specifically included in the description of the packages on the Audi website.
This pic below is from one of the dealership's website, on a car with a carbon package and, shows an engine cover that looks different from the one Rondo posted above. Ignoring the carbon part, I don't see the red accents in Rondo's pic - unless its just a bad angle. Also, looks like it says TFSI below the rings in Rondo's pic, while this one doesn't?
Hey MRA5SB, I don’t have the carbon package on my car. You do have to get the carbon package to get the carbon engine cover. I do have the red accent on the cover, it’s just a bad angle
Old 01-09-2019, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
Does the RS5 engine cover come with carbon fiber accents only with one of the carbon packages? I don't see it specifically included in the description of the packages on the Audi website.
This pic below is from one of the dealership's website, on a car with a carbon package and, shows an engine cover that looks different from the one Rondo posted above. Ignoring the carbon part, I don't see the red accents in Rondo's pic - unless its just a bad angle. Also, looks like it says TFSI below the rings in Rondo's pic, while this one doesn't?
It comes with the dynamic plus package. The Black Optic Carbon package does not include this. Not worth the price in my opinion.

Last edited by evanseric21; 01-09-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Wow! That’s it? Nothing to do with,”dynamic”,except the ceramic brakes. not worth it to me either.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Thanks for clarifying guys. Who would have thought of looking at something other than a carbon package for a carbon part LOL. Such a strange addition to the D+ package.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mtlquattro
Thanks guys for the positive comments. The grille is badgless, no rings and comes from xenonzuk. The rings are normal trunk size rings from audi in chrome but I really consider black ones. The splitter is carbon fiber made by jc sportlines and I color matched the side edges. They make a rear carbon diffuser which I will install later on.
Do you mind me asking what u paid for the Front carbon lip ? on JC website it does not have the pricing.... thanks
Old 01-09-2019, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

The way the badge is placed makes it really similar to the TT and R8. I like it and would do it if I had the RS style grill myself.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by coupegt87
Do you mind me asking what u paid for the Front carbon lip ? on JC website it does not have the pricing.... thanks
I paid 350$ shipped which is a very good price as I have started to see them poping on eBay for 650$
Old 01-09-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@mtquattro I really like those rings on the hood! When I take delivery of my RS5 Sportback I may get an extra set of the black rings and do the same. The black rings in the grill are hidden with the Black Optics package and this is a great way to fix that. I think the black rings on the hood of that Nardo color will look amazing.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
@mtquattro I really like those rings on the hood! When I take delivery of my RS5 Sportback I may get an extra set of the black rings and do the same. The black rings in the grill are hidden with the Black Optics package and this is a great way to fix that. I think the black rings on the hood of that Nardo color will look amazing.
So you would have two sets of rings on the front? Because I am pretty sure that the ringless grille is only available in a5/s5 format at the moment. Might be helpfull to do a little photoshop an see how it will look with dual set of rings.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mtlquattro
So you would have two sets of rings on the front? Because I am pretty sure that the ringless grille is only available in a5/s5 format at the moment. Might be helpfull to do a little photoshop an see how it will look with dual set of rings.
I would only have the one set of rings. You bring up a good point though. I didn't realize I couldn't remove the rings from the grill of the RS5 Sportback. Looks like no bueno for me.

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5