Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Pics you took today of your A5/S5

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

do most people here have their car ceramic coated? they all look really good
Old 03-17-2019, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by skubeeraw
You missed the wheels. I see water stains. Attention to details!
You're right, I see them also. I towel dried the car, but not the rims. Next time I'll pay more attention to them.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by chompers
do most people here have their car ceramic coated? they all look really good
XPEL Ultimate film and ceramic coated.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
You're right, I see them also. I towel dried the car, but not the rims. Next time I'll pay more attention to them.
lol. its your ride man, do what you want. 🤙 I notice the shine on all the pics but then I saw the wheel and I'm like, he missed those!
Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

STEK DYNOshield and Modesta. All protection is listed in my signature.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary

XPEL Ultimate film and ceramic coated.
Are you getting the expel wrapped on the entire car or just the front end and side mirrors? I called a local Xpel dealer and he suggested doing what I just described. He mentioned that Xpel really doesn't defend against Aholes dinging your door up. I have a funny story about me yelling at a middle aged lady for dinging my Caddy before I traded it in for my new S5 Sportback about a month ago. I was sitting in my Caddy when I heard a thud and felt my whole car shake. I look over and it's some older, well to-do house wife, with her door firmly planted in my door. She then shuts her door and pretends like nothing happened. I get out of my car and walk around to see the damage. The whole time I am glaring at her and she looks at me like I am the jerk and she did nothing wrong. Instead of apologizing she just backs up and starts to pull away. I yelled at her "Watch your damn door lady". Some people around probably thought I was crazy because they didn't see what she did and probably thought "here is some young guy yelling at an old lady." Did I mention that I hate people?
Old 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
After a rinse less wash this afternoon

Evan, where do you live in Houston? Your house looks like it could be close to my neighborhood. I live over in the Spring Valley/Hillshire Village area in a David Weekly community. Btw I love the Nardo with the black optics package.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterWagner
Are you getting the expel wrapped on the entire car or just the front end and side mirrors? I called a local Xpel dealer and he suggested doing what I just described. He mentioned that Xpel really doesn't defend against Aholes dinging your door up. I have a funny story about me yelling at a middle aged lady for dinging my Caddy before I traded it in for my new S5 Sportback about a month ago. I was sitting in my Caddy when I heard a thud and felt my whole car shake. I look over and it's some older, well to-do house wife, with her door firmly planted in my door. She then shuts her door and pretends like nothing happened. I get out of my car and walk around to see the damage. The whole time I am glaring at her and she looks at me like I am the jerk and she did nothing wrong. Instead of apologizing she just backs up and starts to pull away. I yelled at her "Watch your damn door lady". Some people around probably thought I was crazy because they didn't see what she did and probably thought "here is some young guy yelling at an old lady." Did I mention that I hate people?
While xpel probably wouldn't protect against a dent from the impact of the door, it might at least protect against the paint chip. It's designed to protect against rock chips flying into your car so I'd expect it could take a car door. But then again you'd still have to deal with the dent left behind so may not make a difference to you
Old 03-18-2019, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

I had the hood, front bumper, fenders, mirrors, kick panels and rear bumper wrapped. I had it done 4.5 years ago and it has held up really well.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Evan, where do you live in Houston? Your house looks like it could be close to my neighborhood. I live over in the Spring Valley/Hillshire Village area in a David Weekly community. Btw I love the Nardo with the black optics package.
I live in the Firethorne community in Katy, TX. Not sure where Spring Valley/Hillshire Village is. Thanks! I love it too!!

Quick Reply: Pics you took today of your A5/S5