Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

PPF + Ceramic Coating Cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitshine_Tommy
I have a 2021 S4 and got XPEL wrap down in NY. I paid $1300 and what I got done was the full front end of the vehicle (Hood, Fenders, headlights, front bumper, side view mirrors) and also did the rear bumper because occasionally I park on the street. I think it’s definitely worth it. I did a ceramic coat on the rest of the car that didn’t get the XPEL.
1300 for the ppf and the coating sounds too good to be true if it’s a quality film and coating combined with god paint prep and correction but maybe you got a heck of a deal or know someone
Old 12-01-2021, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm picking the car up in Portland then driving it down to the bay area. I looked up a place in Portland that does Modesta ceramic coating, I'm going to inquire about prices and go from there.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 145 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by lensch09
Bingo my friend - If a dealer does anything other than vacuum my cars, ooooooh buddy. *Rick Flair Woooooooooo*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZOgdhtaMA

-DL
Haha. No choice but to go nature boy. Dealership washed my car one time with a strict no wash. Scuffed my paint and made them refinish the ceramic on the panel. Another time, on a strict no wash, I picked up my car with two guys in my car vigorously cleaning the dash. They scuffed my MMI. I verbally figure four legged locked them onto replacing the MMI which consequently fixed the notorious MMI bezel creak.

NO WASH.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mhoran89
1300 for the ppf and the coating sounds too good to be true if it’s a quality film and coating combined with god paint prep and correction but maybe you got a heck of a deal or know someone
I should have clarified, I got the XPEL wrap for $1300. The ceramic I went to a friends friend that does that stuff and he gave me a generous price for it. Thinking back on it, I should have just did the XPEL on the whole car at the time.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by inphra
Haha. No choice but to go nature boy. Dealership washed my car one time with a strict no wash. Scuffed my paint and made them refinish the ceramic on the panel. Another time, on a strict no wash, I picked up my car with two guys in my car vigorously cleaning the dash. They scuffed my MMI. I verbally figure four legged locked them onto replacing the MMI which consequently fixed the notorious MMI bezel creak.

NO WASH.
Dude....I take it in for its first service last spring. I bring it in fully detailed so you wouldn't even think of having it washed. As I'm leaving I think to myself how I forgot to tell the advisor NO WASH but figured maybe common sense will click in. When I come back, not only was it washed because I could see all of the water marks, but they parked it right on a front line near the road where construction was ripping apart the road. Dust and dirt all over it. I should have took a picture of it. UNBELIEVABLE at these dealers sometimes. To OP's question....full front XPEL is $2100 and $1600 for Opti-coat Pro Plus ceramic where I'm at. So, your quoted pricing is on par as long as they are quality installers! Good luck!
Old 12-02-2021, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paperkat
Hi All,
My 2022 S5 finally finished production today, now I'm looking to get PPF and ceramic coating lined up. This will be the first time I'm shelling out for protective care so I'm quite lost on the standard and pricing.

What should I expect for the cost for a full front PPF w/ ceramic coating? The dealership quoted $2495 for PPF (full hood, entire front bumper, wrap around the front fenders, door cups, door edges, & load edge of the rear bumper) and $1495 for ceramic coating (includes interior protection, wheel scratch protection & paintless dent protection) -- is this a fair price?

Is there a specific type of PPF (xpel?) and ceramic coating I should be expecting.

Thank you
I just had my 2021 RS5 SB completely wrapped in stealth Xpel PPF. It cost $5,500.00 in Atlanta. I did the ceramic coating myself - it's not too difficult.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by inphra

NO WASH.
I request the same thing and put a tag hanging from the mirror that opti-coat gave me saying not to wash it, they have not messed up yet.

Originally Posted by Spitshine_Tommy
I should have clarified, I got the XPEL wrap for $1300. The ceramic I went to a friends friend that does that stuff and he gave me a generous price for it. Thinking back on it, I should have just did the XPEL on the whole car at the time.
that makes sense. nice work! wrapping the whole car is awesome but honestly the front is where it really gets destroyed.

Originally Posted by TONY_82
Dude....I take it in for its first service last spring. I bring it in fully detailed so you wouldn't even think of having it washed. As I'm leaving I think to myself how I forgot to tell the advisor NO WASH but figured maybe common sense will click in. When I come back, not only was it washed because I could see all of the water marks, but they parked it right on a front line near the road where construction was ripping apart the road. Dust and dirt all over it. I should have took a picture of it. UNBELIEVABLE at these dealers sometimes. To OP's question....full front XPEL is $2100 and $1600 for Opti-coat Pro Plus ceramic where I'm at. So, your quoted pricing is on par as long as they are quality installers! Good luck!
agreed, however i would not go through a dealership. I would seek out the shop/installer on your own.

Originally Posted by tjkern
I just had my 2021 RS5 SB completely wrapped in stealth Xpel PPF. It cost $5,500.00 in Atlanta. I did the ceramic coating myself - it's not too difficult.
that is a good deal. i totally get it. i coated mine myself after getting it corrected, but it can be a daunting task for someone who has never done anything like it before (I have). additionally you need patience, another set of eyes really helps, and good lighting. the last thing I will say is if you do it yourself the coating most likely carries no warranty. for another $1000 or so I get a 7 year warranty so that is on my Q7 but for my S5 I did it myself as I only drive it when it is nice out and it goes away for the winter time.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Turns out it’s xpel ultimate plus and xzilon ceramic coating… they will offer $500 discount for the bundle. Bringing down the price $3500.

Anyone know if xzilon is any good?
Old 12-05-2021, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 136 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by paperkat
Turns out it’s xpel ultimate plus and xzilon ceramic coating… they will offer $500 discount for the bundle. Bringing down the price $3500.

Anyone know if xzilon is any good?
I'd say Xzilon is more comparative to a great sealant, even though it's technically a "coating."

Are they giving you the 5 year warranty? If so, that alone might be worth it.

-DL