Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Appears

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 595 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
I've seen that metallic green on a couple new Audis here in Stuttgart - I don't remember what A_ series they were, but that color is definitely an Audi color.

That gray though... no thx. The Audi Zentrum in Stuttgart had a few cars that color and it's plain unattractive IMHO.
I know it's an Audi color, I just think that the image of the new RS5 in that color is a photoshop.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I know it's an Audi color, I just think that the image of the new RS5 in that color is a photoshop.
i concur - it looks to be darker w/the contrast and HDR amped up (via photo editing).
Old 03-28-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by N8!
i concur - it looks to be darker w/the contrast and HDR amped up (via photo editing).
yup
Old 03-28-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Nardo RS5 is the real deal, not PS:

credit: Gunter Stachon Photography (@gentic77)

I like Nardo Grey, but it needs to be with Black Optics for that killer look.

Last edited by s5ecific; 03-28-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Huh, I guess it was just some weird compression artifacting.

Personally, I much prefer the chrome trim, it's much classier. Black Optics is so overdone.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mfriedl
The car looks great, however, no manual transmission option is very, very disappointing.
I agree. For those of us who like to shift gears, it is very disappointing that a manual transmission is either available only on the base model or not at all.

I had been an Audi guy for over 15 years. I still love Audi's. I purchased a 2016 Porsche Cayman 2.7L manual. It is not as fast in a straight line as the Audi 'S' models, but the sound is intoxicating, the handling is awesome, the design is superb and it is plenty fast enough for the road. The cost was about the same as an S4 or S5.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 493 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by sailor99
I agree. For those of us who like to shift gears, it is very disappointing that a manual transmission is either available only on the base model or not at all.

I had been an Audi guy for over 15 years. I still love Audi's. I purchased a 2016 Porsche Cayman 2.7L manual. It is not as fast in a straight line as the Audi 'S' models, but the sound is intoxicating, the handling is awesome, the design is superb and it is plenty fast enough for the road. The cost was about the same as an S4 or S5.
Yes, but Porsche don't make those anymore, either. I would not describe the sound of the new 718 Cayman as "intoxicating". Perhaps "intoxicated"?

But if in the US a Cayman is the same price as an S5, then Porsche's prices there are way too high, or Audi's are way too low.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 493 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by subie55
Nardo RS5 is the real deal, not PS:

credit: Gunter Stachon Photography (@gentic77)

I like Nardo Grey, but it needs to be with Black Optics for that killer look.
Agree, not excessively photoshopped, although the last image is slightly stretched to make the car look longer and lower than it really is - wouldn't roll too well on those oval wheels

But that car is a test mule, parked at the back of Audi Sport's (ex quattro GmbH) facility in Neckarsulm from the look of it. The registration plate does not have a certification sticker on it. It has older 20" rotor alloys - these were used on the vehicles testing on the Nürburgring. Likely this was one of them, minus the camouflage decals.

Nice car park, but the Dayona RS7 parked behind the RS5 doesn't do Nardo any favours. Agree with you, Nardo doesn't work so well with chrome trim as it all looks a bit flat, needs black. But then I think Daytona works better with chrome, so we all have different preferences, etc.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Yes, but Porsche don't make those anymore, either. I would not describe the sound of the new 718 Cayman as "intoxicating". Perhaps "intoxicated"?

But if in the US a Cayman is the same price as an S5, then Porsche's prices there are way too high, or Audi's are way too low.
The Cayman and the S5 base prices start about the same in the US (the Cayman is about $1000 USD more).

That said, you can far surpass the price of an S5 when you start adding options. My optioned out S5 coupe has an MSRP of $67K... to get the features I would want in a Cayman (comparable to the S5), it would exceed $85K easily.

In the US, Audi has very few options/packages. Porsche overloads you with options and choices (and makes you pay for them all).
Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche is an a la carte company. And they have much more optionnable cars too, so it is easy to exceed the original price lol

Sailor99, do you have the PSE option? If you don't have it and think your car sounds great... Wait until you hear the PSE system... it is incredible! I waited 2 years before retrofiting my car with it and damn. Awesome sound!

I also don't like the Nardo grey color, but I have only seen it in pictures. Might be special to look at in the flesh, I don't know...

Last edited by Sebast007; 03-29-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Quick Reply: RS5 Appears