Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5 Front License Plate Bracket

Has anybody purchased a US Millworks front license plate bracket that goes in the tow hook? I had one for my X5M. Here is a link below. Otherwise, what have others done that need to run a front plate but don't want to cover up the honeycomb?

US Mill Works - Front License Plate Brackets
Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Sto-n-Sho has nice solutions. I have one installed and use it when I feel like a front plate is needed. Requires 2 screws in the bottom of the bumper.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I had one of those on my Grand Cherokee SRT, but I like the fact that the US Millworks one goes into the tow hook hole and can be removed with no drilling. Just not sure if anyone has tried it. They are not good at replying to messages on their website
Old 06-20-2019, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by AgsWin
Yea I had one of those on my Grand Cherokee SRT, but I like the fact that the US Millworks one goes into the tow hook hole and can be removed with no drilling. Just not sure if anyone has tried it. They are not good at replying to messages on their website
I've used a different company's version of it, Rho-plate, and it works well. It doesn't have a quick release on it like the optional Millworks but was easy to install and configurable to not interfere with the parking sensors.
I recently ordered another for my RS5 and afterwards wondered if I should have tried the quick release one from Millworks. Just something about the way they do it seems odd, especially to shin it if too tight and use paper.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
I've used a different company's version of it, Rho-plate, and it works well. It doesn't have a quick release on it like the optional Millworks but was easy to install and configurable to not interfere with the parking sensors.
I recently ordered another for my RS5 and afterwards wondered if I should have tried the quick release one from Millworks. Just something about the way they do it seems odd, especially to shin it if too tight and use paper.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I purchased the quick release so it is really easy to take it off. I only put it on when parking downtown on the streets where meter maids give tickets when cars don't have a front license plate.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by sigmachi96
I purchased the quick release so it is really easy to take it off. I only put it on when parking downtown on the streets where meter maids give tickets when cars don't have a front license plate.
Looks and fits great. No issues taking it off with the pins?

Old 06-20-2019, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No issues taking off with the pin. Quick and easy as it allows me to store the plate flat in the trunk along with the hook plug.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by sigmachi96
No issues taking off with the pin. Quick and easy as it allows me to store the plate flat in the trunk along with the hook plug.
So if you remove the pins and the flat plate holder, can you install the bumper cover back on, or does it still require the bolt to be removed?

Last edited by Jimminez@Nemesis; 06-20-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You still have to remove the bolt as it sticks out. The pins just makes it easier to remove and store in my truck as two pieces vs trying to have the plate and bolt together when not in use.

Quick Reply: RS5 Front License Plate Bracket