Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
My Audi rep told me the lowest rates he was seeing were around 3%. Not bad but I was able to get a 2.74% through a credit union so I went that route. I should be taking delivery within the next week.
I had a 2.74% rate from my CU and the dealer finance person was practically begging me to go with AFS saying how convenient it is to use LOL, even though their rate was something ridiculous. I told her I have been with my CU for 15 years and didn't think they were inconvenient to do business with but if she really wanted my business she would have to beat my CU rate. She made a big deal about how she would have to buy down the rate from Audi to beat it and I said well I am not even asking you to do that, haha. She then agreed to do 2.72%.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
I had a 2.74% rate from my CU and the dealer finance person was practically begging me to go with AFS saying how convenient it is to use LOL, even though their rate was something ridiculous. I told her I have been with my CU for 15 years and didn't think they were inconvenient to do business with but if she really wanted my business she would have to beat my CU rate. She made a big deal about how she would have to buy down the rate from Audi to beat it and I said well I am not even asking you to do that, haha. She then agreed to do 2.72%.
Lol they will say anything to get your business. I don't actual bank with this credit union but I did a bunch of research and they had the lowest rate. Luckily the only membership requirements were that I live or work in one of the required Counties. If Audi can beat the rate and give me a 2.72% then I'd definitely take that.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I did a bunch of research trying to find the lowest rate I could. Most of the rates were around the low 3's. The 2.74% is still not as good as the 2.5% my wife got when we bought her Acura a few years back. My credit is actually better now then hers was then. The rates have just been trending up. I'm pretty content with the rate though. You still have a decent amount of time. Maybe the rates will come down. Where do you live?
East coast.. North Carolina.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Okay - the best I have been able to receive is 3% off MSRP.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
Okay - the best I have been able to receive is 3% off MSRP.
Where was the dealership that agreed to 3%?
Old 01-28-2019, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m in Texas and there are deals out there to be made. Contact Nate at Audi North Park in Selma TX, I dealt with him and let me tell you that he’ll treat you right with making every attempt to get you the best possible price. I shopped many dealers, a lot of back and forth took place with these other dealers some dealers were set on no negotiations offering car at MSRP, some would throw in tint and all weather mats but Nate more or less met my demands. I wasn’t reaching for the stars but gave a reasonable request for a certain percent off MSRP to which he agreed, he also gave me what I wanted on our trade which was a 18 S5 SB Prestige. So now we are happy owners of a 19 glacier white RS5 Sportback. Message me for his direct contact info if interested.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So my deal is done. Audi could not match my 2.74% interest rate so I stayed with the credit union. I also was able to get 6% off MSRP. No trade in. I ordered two cars from separate dealers and they arrived at the same time. One offered 2% and then the other countered at 2.5%. Then 3% and the other countered at 4% and eventually we settled on 6%. The dealer I did not choose was very pissed off to put it lightly. I did what I had to do to get myself the best deal though. I don't know if you guys will be able to get 6% off, honestly I didn't think I was going to get 6%. I had my hopes set on 3%. I had the leverage of two dealers having my cars and not wanting to lose the sale. Apparently these two dealers don't like each other much which made them really want to close the sale. Suffice to say, I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Best of luck to everyone.

MSRP: $87,995

My price before taxes and fees: $82,715
Old 01-28-2019, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So my deal is done. Audi could not match my 2.74% interest rate so I stayed with the credit union. I also was able to get 6% off MSRP. No trade in. I ordered two cars from separate dealers and they arrived at the same time. One offered 2% and then the other countered at 2.5%. Then 3% and the other countered at 4% and eventually we settled on 6%. The dealer I did not choose was very pissed off to put it lightly. I did what I had to do to get myself the best deal though. I don't know if you guys will be able to get 6% off, honestly I didn't think I was going to get 6%. I had my hopes set on 3%. I had the leverage of two dealers having my cars and not wanting to lose the sale. Apparently these two dealers don't like each other much which made them really want to close the sale. Suffice to say, I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Best of luck to everyone.

MSRP: $87,995

My price before taxes and fees: $82,715
WOW...well played sir! Ordering 2 to create your own leverage was genius!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tbone323

WOW...well played sir! Ordering 2 to create your own leverage was genius!
I wasn't quite sure if it would work but it actually worked better then I expected.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hopefully the losing dealership refunds your deposit promptly!

Quick Reply: RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience