Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Sportback - Prices Paid & Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Loyalty depends on region and car

Last edited by SCarGuy; 02-10-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Were you able to get the $750 loyalty incentive without financing through AFS? I own a 2009 or newer Audi, but will be paying cash, and it is unclear to me whether the current loyalty incentive is tied to financing through AFS as it was last year.
Yes - you can get the $750 loyalty credit without using AFS. Additionally, don't ask for % off and let the sales team use the loyalty as a part of the % off, as these are two separate negotiation tactics. The $750 loyalty expires in early April.Also, ignore SCarGuy, he sells Audi's and lies about financial information on these forums and creates a lot of confusion with inaccurate details, maliciously.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
Yes - you can get the $750 loyalty credit without using AFS. Additionally, don't ask for % off and let the sales team use the loyalty as a part of the % off, as these are two separate negotiation tactics. The $750 loyalty expires in early April.Also, ignore SCarGuy, he sells Audi's and lies about financial information on these forums and creates a lot of confusion with inaccurate details, maliciously.
Thanks, I saw that the loyalty incentive is from something like 1/2 - 4/3. I will be negotiating % off separately from applicable incentives, so I wanted an idea whether I would qualify for the incentive, as I am wary that the dealership would pocket the incentive and pass none of it on to me.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

That’s a pretty harsh comment about a long time member who has been very helpful to other members of this community!
Old 02-10-2019, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

again - loyalty is regional and qualification can change, just like any other incentive

last year loyalty was on 05+ cars in the household. Now it’s on ‘09+ (not sure why they made such a huge jump). There’s also a limit they allow you to use a VIN for loyalty. I wish they made it easier tbh, it’s a great program, has nothing but upsides for all involved.

The other qualifier for loyalty is that addresses must match (they don’t care about names they care about “households”). Again, something I wish they would modify. The more incentive programs they offer for a buyer without jumping through hoops, the better.

Any dealer should gladly extend any incentive that any client qualifies for whether it’s loyalty or anything else (pull ahead, etc)....zero reason not to in fact. Some cars have marketing discounts for Feb....I always toss that to the client side too. While I’d love to sell everything at full MSRP, it’s not reality..a deal is always there to be done and I’ll do any reasonable deal out there regardless of the car. It’s the only way that makes sense.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 02-10-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

SCarGuy, Thanks for the clarification. And can I assume the incentives, loyalty or otherwise, are what's current at the time of actual purchase, not when an order is placed and a deposit given?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nine Mile Skid
SCarGuy, Thanks for the clarification. And can I assume the incentives, loyalty or otherwise, are what's current at the time of actual purchase, not when an order is placed and a deposit given?
typically, yes. There might be some things that can be locked in early - I’d have to read the addendums over to double check.

when I do an order, I am doing it as a fixed % discount on the car, and then whatever incentives a client qualifies for simply get stacked on top of that, so it’s just an additional amount off for the buyer.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 02-10-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think because most people who buy the A series aren't car enthusiasts ....
too funny, and IMO soooo wrong!!!
Old 02-10-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

That’s a pretty harsh comment about a long time member who has been very helpful to other members of this community!
I agree. He’s now editing his posts since I called him out on it. Easy to judge the mistakes of others, difficult to recognize our own mistakes.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I have yet to see him lie about anything on this site. Yes, he does sell Audis, but why is that a bad thing? I can confirm that his info is accurate and truthful.