Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 with Black Optics looks great

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts
Default S5 with Black Optics looks great

Like many of you here I am thinking of getting an 2018 S5, however, I would like the Black Optic package because it mutes the front end and it looks better. I found this picture on an Australian web site and it certainly looks better to me then the standard S5! Can anyone confirm when this will be available?

Can the Black Optic package be retrofitted, and at what cost?

Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming you're talking about US availability...No solid insight on here

I ordered a Black Optics grille for my Q, cost about $500 + install. On the 5 you're looking at grille, window trim, front diffusers, mirrors...at least. I don't see the parts on my site yet. The closer you try to get retrofitting the more costly it will be. Best way to get the exact look is to wait. How long? No one knows...

https://genuineaudiparts.com/
Old 04-11-2017, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by JSING
Assuming you're talking about US availability...No solid insight on here

I ordered a Black Optics grille for my Q, cost about $500 + install. On the 5 you're looking at grille, window trim, front diffusers, mirrors...at least. I don't see the parts on my site yet. The closer you try to get retrofitting the more costly it will be. Best way to get the exact look is to wait. How long? No one knows...

https://genuineaudiparts.com/
Thanks for the info and link. Guess I'll just have to stay tuned and wait to get the car I want and not mess with a retrofit!
Old 04-11-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Just wait. As it is now available for US S4, the S5 will be available sooner than later. Much sooner, I suspect.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Just wait. As it is now available for US S4, the S5 will be available sooner than later. Much sooner, I suspect.
Easy for you to say sir, you already have yours and it looks stunning!
Old 04-12-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JSING
Easy for you to say sir, you already have yours and it looks stunning!
I'm in the same boat that you are. I won't order without BO. That said, I think Glisse is right. I don't know whether AoA read and took to heart all the posts about no orders without BO, or whether it was for some other reason, but they introduced BO on the S4 pretty quickly. And I think they like to keep the S4 and S5 pretty much in line, including wheel selection (which was expanded with the S4 BO package). So like Glisse, I think we'll see a S5 BO package very soon - within the next few weeks . . . Just my guess.

Last edited by hinckley; 04-12-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The grille is the only thing I will definitely change out. I don't mind the other chrome bits.

When I can order an RS5 or BO grille, I will do so for my incoming S5.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
I'm in the same boat that you are. I won't order without BO. That said, I think Glisse is right. I don't know whether AoA read and took to heart all the posts about no orders without BO, or whether it was for some other reason, but they introduced BO on the S4 pretty quickly. And I think they like to keep the S4 and S5 pretty much in line, including wheel selection (which was expanded with the S4 BO package). So like Glisse, I think we'll see a S5 BO package very soon - within the next few weeks . . . Just my guess.
Not to play devil's advocate but the A4 has been out awhile, sure we're just now seeing S4's but Audi sold a lot of A4's before giving buyers the BO option. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited till the fall to add the package...which would mean delivery sometime in late 2017/early 2018...but I'd like to be wrong.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Audi have just released a Black Edition version of the A5 for the German market - more than the trim alone. Says to me that the earlier OEM supplier limitations have now eased.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:25 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Audi have just released a Black Edition version of the A5 for the German market - more than the trim alone. Says to me that the earlier OEM supplier limitations have now eased.
Black Edition on Audi.de

https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuw...%20:audi.de%20

Quick Reply: S5 with Black Optics looks great