Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Setting a key user in the vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting a key user in the vehicle

Hi everyone,

New A5 Sportback owner here... I am struggling with connecting my Audi to the MMI connect in my iPhone. I found in the user manual that I have to enter a 10-digit code of my car key to the MMI system. I tried to enter the appropriate menu hoewever it looks like this option is not there. I restored factory settings (anyway I'm the first owner) but it did not help. Any ideas? Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it has to be done by the dealer?

Old 04-05-2018, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, I got my A4 few days ago and I am having the same problem. I hope you were able to fix this problem. If you did, can you please tell how.

Thanks!
Moe
Old 04-05-2018, 03:01 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

My salesman did that for me using the 10 digit code off of the little plastic dongle thing.

You may want to take your car to the dealership and have your sales person walk you thru it.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by N8!
My salesman did that for me using the 10 digit code off of the little plastic dongle thing.

You may want to take your car to the dealership and have your sales person walk you thru it.
Thanks! I do have the 10 digit code with me. Do you have any idea how he did it?
Old 04-05-2018, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I had to reset my pin one day and that deleted me as key user

ask the dealer to help you because it was hard to do it on my own
Old 04-05-2018, 04:30 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mahmoudhmk
Thanks! I do have the 10 digit code with me. Do you have any idea how he did it?

I looked on YouTube and found this - is it helpful?

Old 04-09-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make the dealer show you how to do it. he should have done it before you left the lot. its not hard to do but you shouldnt have to do it at all. it should have been done at delivery
Old 04-11-2018, 03:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Trixxiee
Hi everyone,

New A5 Sportback owner here... I am struggling with connecting my Audi to the MMI connect in my iPhone. I found in the user manual that I have to enter a 10-digit code of my car key to the MMI system. I tried to enter the appropriate menu hoewever it looks like this option is not there. I restored factory settings (anyway I'm the first owner) but it did not help. Any ideas? Maybe I'm missing something or maybe it has to be done by the dealer?

Your sales person should have done that. I didnt have to set anything up they did it all and handed me a paper with the info.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

So you want to reset the data connection in the car. From the audi connect menu, go to the plus sign and there should be an option to restrict data. Turn off the data and let the car sit locked for about 5 minutes. Then turn back on the data and you should be able to set up the key user. The tech who PDI'd the car beforehand should have done this but they never do.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Recent experience

Hi everyone.

I am new to the group and just purchased my first Audi (2019 A3 Quattro AWD with digital cockpit). This may have been discussed before, but I was under the assumption when I opened my 'MyAudi' app, I would be able to do things such as lock/unlock my vehicle, set a security perimeter, view system health, track my vehicle in real time, etc.

Instead, I open the app and really all I can do it look at my original configuration, look at pictures of the car, schedule service and send addresses to the MMI. None of these are helpful to me at all (in fact, fairly useless) so I am pondering whether to just delete the app entirely since it offers no value.

I did call the Audi Connect hotline, and they explained that 'key user' functions - which would unlock the features I mentioned earlier, are available on most Audi models since 2017, but not the A3. I wonder why that would be? The tech is very similar (i.e. digital cockpit / MMI) and if unlocked, I would actually be glad to pay for the services to have remote control to start, unlock or monitor the vehicle.

Thinking out loud - should I just give up and move on, or has anyone heard that maybe this could be unlocked in the future with a software update / decision to allow key user additions on the A3 model?

Thanks for the inputs here!
Steve

Quick Reply: Setting a key user in the vehicle