Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

So our ECU's are finally cracked.. but look what Chevy unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x-tian230k
Chevy Dealers are also adding a 10-15k mark up for this car. So with that being said, This corvette with the Z51 package could cost close to 90-100K. Def not attainable for the masses.
No not at all.

Chevy specifically said they would be targeting any dealers that are marking up the vehicle. It well sell at exactly MSRP. Chevy has done this in the past. If this was FORD yeah.. you'd have some serious markup.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33
That's a good question. The one at the reveal looks to have the Z51 package, upgraded wheels, competition seats, contrast interior and probably has some of the exterior carbon fiber optional pieces too. I could see it being at the upper end of your range, so $75K MSRP with all of those options on it (might even push upwards of $80K MSRP if fully optioned out).
The red one most likely had the Z51, look for a third radiator at the rear passenger side as well as a spoiler that is depressed in the center and elevated on the sides.

All this speculation on price is speculation. Some dealers will be able to take some fools +$10K, +$20K, at the very start of deliveries. Pretty soon there after production will catch up depending on demand even though I bet demand will be off the charts.

Face it, given what we know and what GM has said this is a grand slam home run at the moment. It's on my short list when my S5 lease is up...

Think about this as well, if the Z51 0-60 is sub 3 what is the non-Z51 0-60? 3.1, 3.2, 3.3? That is PRETTY DAMN QUICK for a rear drive hunker of a vehicle. Wait till they add a couple of electric motors to the front wheels in a few years....buh bye Tesla.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:42 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
Wait till they add a couple of electric motors to the front wheels in a few years....buh bye Tesla.
LOL a Vette as a Tesla killer...if only they weren't in completely different categories.
While it is never meant to be a competitor to Tesla, GM should have made it a priority long ago that ALL Corvettes with ALL versions of motors ALL outperform a frickin' Tesla. LOL
Still have to hand it to GM they certainly have something interesting for the price point. Maybe this is finally a turning point for American sports/supercars.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbobbb
The red one most likely had the Z51, look for a third radiator at the rear passenger side as well as a spoiler that is depressed in the center and elevated on the sides.

All this speculation on price is speculation. Some dealers will be able to take some fools +$10K, +$20K, at the very start of deliveries. Pretty soon there after production will catch up depending on demand even though I bet demand will be off the charts.

Face it, given what we know and what GM has said this is a grand slam home run at the moment. It's on my short list when my S5 lease is up...

Think about this as well, if the Z51 0-60 is sub 3 what is the non-Z51 0-60? 3.1, 3.2, 3.3? That is PRETTY DAMN QUICK for a rear drive hunker of a vehicle. Wait till they add a couple of electric motors to the front wheels in a few years....buh bye Tesla.
Couldn't agree more about this being a grand slam home run.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1
LOL a Vette as a Tesla killer...if only they weren't in completely different categories.
While it is never meant to be a competitor to Tesla, GM should have made it a priority long ago that ALL Corvettes with ALL versions of motors ALL outperform a frickin' Tesla. LOL
Still have to hand it to GM they certainly have something interesting for the price point. Maybe this is finally a turning point for American sports/supercars.
Buh bye Tesla 'ludicrous' quickest 0-60 number....
Old 07-24-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Red on red 2LT and the Z51 package may be waiting for me in a couple of years.