Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

System Update -> Online Update is all of a sudden working

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

I picked up my car from service yesterday, and everything was fine.
EVERYTHING was fine.
So, I updated 3 regions today online.

After the update, my traffic light assist, headlight assist, and traffic sign assist are all not working.
The traffic sign assist works UNTIL I reach a light that formerly had the traffic LIGHT assist - at which time, the traffic sign assist disappears....
As an added bonus, I pulled into the garage, turned off the car - opened the drivers door, which then reacted as if a car was coming flashing the red LEDs.

Has anyone had any problems like this???????
Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
I picked up my car from service yesterday, and everything was fine.
EVERYTHING was fine.
So, I updated 3 regions today online.

After the update, my traffic light assist, headlight assist, and traffic sign assist are all not working.
The traffic sign assist works UNTIL I reach a light that formerly had the traffic LIGHT assist - at which time, the traffic sign assist disappears....
As an added bonus, I pulled into the garage, turned off the car - opened the drivers door, which then reacted as if a car was coming flashing the red LEDs.

Has anyone had any problems like this???????
I can't speak for the traffic light assist (don't have a subscription) or auto-headlight, but traffic sign is still working for me. If your windshield camera is somehow messed up that could explain your traffic sign and auto-headlight issues, but the traffic light assist should have nothing to do with the camera. I highly doubt those issues are related to the map update.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
... opened the drivers door, which then reacted as if a car was coming flashing the red LEDs ....
Do you mean the side assist lights on the side mirrors started to flash red or do you mean the interior door panel lighting started to flash red? If it's the door panel lighting, that might be a safety feature to notify traffic coming from behind you that the door is open for when you park on the side of the road or what not.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

I need to update one last map. The MMI saying maximum download exceeded? What's the issue and how to solve? I have been able update all the east coast maps but got stuck at the FL map.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
I need to update one last map. The MMI saying maximum download exceeded? What's the issue and how to solve? I have been able update all the east coast maps but got stuck at the FL map.
You'll have to wait for the maps to show on the myaudi site -- which are somewhat overdue now.