Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Upgrade to Ambient lighting package plus

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKblue
Same here, I just didn't have the 3 months to wait for a prestige order. Poor planning on my part but still annoying. What I am interested in is some sort of coding change that would enable the red side assist lights on the door while driving. That seams feasible but to my knowledge doesn't yet exsist.
Yeah, it seems that the only light in the p+ that is capable of changing colors are the exit warning lights. All other lights are white instead of RGB. So upgrading to the ambient light package plus would right both a hardware and software change. I went to my local audi dealership and instantly fell in love with the s5, unfortunately the coupe p+ is the only one they have, they told me its going to be three and a half month if I am going to order another one
Old 08-03-2017, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the light options. I've tried a few things and I have yet to settle on a color scheme. I liked the effect at night in my Camaro, still feeling out the S5.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amademann
I'm not a huge fan of the light options. I've tried a few things and I have yet to settle on a color scheme. I liked the effect at night in my Camaro, still feeling out the S5.
Have it all set to pink/lighter red, it would look like a party bus!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadenzzf
Yeah, it seems that the only light in the p+ that is capable of changing colors are the exit warning lights. All other lights are white instead of RGB. So upgrading to the ambient light package plus would right both a hardware and software change. I went to my local audi dealership and instantly fell in love with the s5, unfortunately the coupe p+ is the only one they have, they told me its going to be three and a half month if I am going to order another one
I hear you. I'm pretty sure with time that some coding will surface to enable the side assist lights. I'd be happy with that.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

The ambient lighting is totally worth it, but i'm going to say the HUD is an even greater option. I never realized how important it would be to have the speed limit and current speed displayed right out front, but I would almost say it's a must for me. This car picks up speed so fast and drives so nice, the HUD is a great tool to keep you from totally blasting through the speed limit. Especially with virtual cockpit set up with the speedometer in the small bottom corner.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kmdr2
The ambient lighting is totally worth it, but i'm going to say the HUD is an even greater option. I never realized how important it would be to have the speed limit and current speed displayed right out front, but I would almost say it's a must for me. This car picks up speed so fast and drives so nice, the HUD is a great tool to keep you from totally blasting through the speed limit. Especially with virtual cockpit set up with the speedometer in the small bottom corner.
Yeah I used to drive a mb cla250. And I was looking for the aftermarket HUDs thinking that its a killer feature. With the s5 p+ I want the ambient lighting to make the car more like a party car. I can't say I don't want the HUD though, it's just that if I want both of them I might as well get a prestige. So I just kinda tell myself I can live without the HUD lol
Old 08-05-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

jadenzzf, you may as well go ahead and order the prestige if you like the HUD. I was originally going with the premium until I realized I could get a prestige for about $900 more after specing out the premium. So for $900 you get HUD and the RGB ambient lighting.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HUD was must for me. My 2011 Camaro had the HUD and there was no way I could go back after having it for 7 years.

The S5 HUD is better in all areas except when it comes to Media. The Camaro actually displayed song info which was useful.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 3cat
jadenzzf, you may as well go ahead and order the prestige if you like the HUD. I was originally going with the premium until I realized I could get a prestige for about $900 more after specing out the premium. So for $900 you get HUD and the RGB ambient lighting.
You also get the top view camera system which is really nice to be able to see the front bumper in some parking spots.

I find that my dealer orders a lot of the prestige models, but those are the ones that sell quickly. However, I also understand why they order premium plus models due to the way these cars lease and the fact that some people want a basic model without all the "bells and whistles". This is especially true if you have a buyer that is maxed out budget wise on a premium plus model. You also have to keep in mind that the dealer is only allocated a set amount of units each month so they are very limited as to how many they can order from Audi.

Last edited by heisnuts; 08-05-2017 at 07:48 AM.