Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Waze Begins Private Beat Testing In iOS 12

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

questions of anyone who has used this beta and also the Android Auto version of Waze on their MMI screen: is the controller support and "focus" highlight contrast color better on the iOS version? Can someone take some more pictures demonstrating any improvements over the bugs known in the Android version? Your efforts in helping to answer some of these questions will not be in vain....
Old 09-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goeddgr
Anyone noticed that while using the Waze navigation on a set route it changes the map in the gauge cluster to a compass? Anyway to keep it on the regular map? Also seems that when you start a new route it disables the satellite radio and you have to go back and respect radio, and then go back to CarPlay. Only annoying things I have noticed.
I had the same radio issue until I installed the new update that came out today over the noon hour pacific time which totally corrected this and has it working great. I agree the compass thing is not so good and it would be great if we could get CarPlay display in the virtual cockpit. I really like Waze but in my area Google Maps is more effective and their update (also mid-day today) enabling CarPlay use is really terrific. I especially like the satellite overlay and some of the voice prompts are more helpful than Waze.