Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2018 Allroad – Issues w. Audi pre sense

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Allroad – Issues w. Audi pre sense

I upgraded my lease to a new Allroad and have been extremely happy until the pre-sense started o regularly perform heart-stopping malfunctions. When I sit still, parked, in the car and a fast car drives by, pre-sense freaks out with alarming sounds and lights and straps me tightly into my seats. OK, sucks. The same happens out of the blue while driving without any danger in sight. But a real annoyance turned hazardous when I am quickly backing up into a parking spot because of traffic coming my way from behind and pre-sense abruptly stops my car while in motion. This can lead to a serious accident and I am wondering if I got a lemon (dealer checked all electronics and said all was OK and I tried to turn off as many of the safety features as possible, which is kind of silly to do, but is my only option) or if anyone else has experiences with pre-sense that are past the inconvenience and turned into flat-out dangerous. Have not scanned the entire forum, so if this is discussed in a different thread I apologize and please send me that way). Thank you all!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Turn it's sensitivity down in the MMI
Old 09-12-2018, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sadly I already did that and see no improvement.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same car (2108 A4 Allroad-Prestige trim) and had exactly this issue. Agree that it's heart-stopping for a few seconds when it happens. Mine started approx 3 months after purchase; I was driving on a highway @ 55mph, fairly busy road, but no vehicles immediately in front or rear of me. Sudden warning tone and failure-message on the display, so I pulled off to the shoulder and tried to figure it out. Shut the car off, restarted, and no repeat of the message, so I continued driving. Fast forward two weeks, the same thing occurred. Dry pavement, no obstructions on the road or on the car (I handwash it every week or so.) I took it to the local Audi dealer and left it with them for a few hours (under warranty.) When I picked it up they said something vague about dirt having affected the sensors (hmmm, unlikely, I thought), but they were quite confident they'd fixed it. That was six months ago, and it hasn't happened again. I suspect they actually did something in the software, but wanting to keep problems on the down-low, they preferred to minimize/avoid discussion about that, and attributed it to 'sensor dirt.'