Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

3 undocumented lighting features; post ALL your favorite undocumented features here ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 undocumented lighting features; post ALL your favorite undocumented features here ...

1. Everyone knows that your sunvisor's lights turn on/off automatically when you swing them down into place as long as the mirror door is already open. Now try rotating the sunvisor further forward towards the windshield; the light will turn back off again. It'll turn back as you rotate it back towards you again. Seems that Audi knows that you're not going to need them on when rotated forward so they are not visible illuminated when viewed from the front outside.

2. This one I posted last year but since I discovered it I'll post it here again for extra points. The red LEDs that illuminate all four interior door handles remain on in the dark when you turn off your headlights so you can see the handles in the dark. Try it sometime in a dark garage; all the interior lights extinguish except the door handle lights. Of course once you pull the ignition key the white interior lights come up.

3. Dash lights turn on automatically at dark or when in a dark tunnel even with the headlight switch in the off position.

All of these found on my car; the very last nearly fully loaded black 2003 2.7T sold in the USA.

Thats 3 points for me. You need 3 to tie me or 4 to win. No wagering allowed where prohibited by law.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hmmm...

When you turn on your xenons.. they go up and down to check the level.

when you open the rear passenger door only the footwell light on that side goes on

i'm stuck
Old 01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default battery saver for liftgate

When liftgate is opened, interior lights come on.

If you forget to close the liftgate, or if you leave it open to help the smell of the take-out Chinese food and pizza dissipate, the lights turn off after a while. Saves the battery. I wish the Toy Land Cruiser did the same.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

True for any door left open.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My '03 has cluster lights on always, regardless of outside lighting, however...

rest of dash will not illuminate without being switched on by me.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:02 AM

I wish my '01 would do that!
Old 01-29-2005, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd love a fix for operating the fog lights independantly....

I know I have seen a few in person, but anyone have a wiring diagram, or know how to tweek the fogs so you can have them operate independant?

uber and I have chatted about importing the European light switch, which allows for this. But that may be a royal PITA.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Then just go...

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec43.shtml">here.</a></li></ul>
Old 01-29-2005, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My E320 allowed front or front and single rear fog on with or w/o low beams

because it had a 9 position headlight switch. You could also turn on left only or right only parking lights for when you parked on those narrow european roads.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pretty sure thats documented in the manual

Quick Reply: 3 undocumented lighting features; post ALL your favorite undocumented features here ...