Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

allroad Air Suspension Pump , Fuse or Relay or??

Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by todd g
2003 Allroad w/ 101k miles
if I try doing it while still mounted on the car, what will I need to make the connections? can it be done w/ jumper cables or will I need something smaller? please be detailed in your answer!
I pulled mine out to bench test it but you can do it while it is on the car. In my case I had some wire (probably around 14 gauge) with little aligator clips on each end. I just wired from the battery to the power plug on the compressor (the longer cord coming off of the compressor). It has two flat male tabs inside that were easy to clip to with the aligator clips. In your case you would need wire long enough to run from the engine bay to the back of the car or have a battery under the car with you.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 04 allroad and i cant figure out why the air suspension does not work when i press the button to raise or lower the car there's no lights on the button and the suspension does not engage.do anyone have any ideas on how to fix it.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever get the issue resolved? On my all rode the light is on in the cluster but the buttons on the dash they light up when you turn the car on the immediately go out I have no power at the plug looking to check the relay next duse is good. I have removed the compressor tested it and replacing it with a new Arnott unit.

I did get a code for temperature on the I did get a code for temperature on the van com) VAGCOM. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by molokai boy
i have a 04 allroad and i cant figure out why the air suspension does not work when i press the button to raise or lower the car there's no lights on the button and the suspension does not engage.do anyone have any ideas on how to fix it.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GRMNMUSL
Did you ever get the issue resolved? On my all rode the light is on in the cluster but the buttons on the dash they light up when you turn the car on the immediately go out I have no power at the plug looking to check the relay next duse is good. I have removed the compressor tested it and replacing it with a new Arnott unit.

I did get a code for temperature on the I did get a code for temperature on the van com) VAGCOM. Any ideas?

It is not a compressor issue, if the green lights on the buttons are not operating it’s either power or controller issue, check fuses 5, 7 and 17 in the end of the dash, all are linked to the air suspension
Old 05-03-2020, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bagpipingandy

It is not a compressor issue, if the green lights on the buttons are not operating it’s either power or controller issue, check fuses 5, 7 and 17 in the end of the dash, all are linked to the air suspension
It is not impossiible for the relay to be the problem but most likely the compressor motor is shorting and blowing the fuse,

you cannot source the motor seperately new but a car breakers is the best option if you dont want to buy a new compressor, i have lots of spares parts but im in the UK shipping to the USA would be more costly than to buy in the USA

regards

Andy
I've just bought a 03 allroad it was abandoned it's currently sitting on bump stops when I crank it my compressor runs for about 5 seconds and shuts off when I press up or down my button light is only illuminated when the button is being pressed but as soon as I depress them the light goes off they only continuously burn when in jack mode my dash light is on and is solid not flashing any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated thanks in advance
Old 05-03-2020, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The Moose
I've just bought a 03 allroad it was abandoned it's currently sitting on bump stops when I crank it my compressor runs for about 5 seconds and shuts off when I press up or down my button light is only illuminated when the button is being pressed but as soon as I depress them the light goes off they only continuously burn when in jack mode my dash light is on and is solid not flashing any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated thanks in advance
ok this can be a faulty temperature sensor, can you scan the car for faults, or for now unplug the temperature sensor electrical connector to see if compressor then runs for longer, if should run for 120 seconds before giving in

Old 05-04-2020, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

ok this can be a faulty temperature sensor, can you scan the car for faults, or for now unplug the temperature sensor electrical connector to see if compressor then runs for longer, if should run for 120 seconds before giving in
we ran a obd2 I got code for O2 sensors since someone cut the cats off and I code linked to the tranny I forget now what the code was I'm heading out to the car today to try the fuses you suggested
Old 05-04-2020, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

[QUOTE=bagpipingandy;25451312]ok this can be a faulty temperature sensor, can you scan the car for faults, or for now unplug the temperature sensor electrical connector to see if compressor then runs for longer, if should run for 120 seconds before giving in[/QUOTE
Fuses 5 7 17 all look good unplugged the temp sensor and the.lights have gonna away completely and I have a triangle in a circle(I believe traction control) light on the dash as well
Old 05-10-2020, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=The Moose;25451592]
ok this can be a faulty temperature sensor, can you scan the car for faults, or for now unplug the temperature sensor electrical connector to see if compressor then runs for longer, if should run for 120 seconds before giving in[/QUOTE
Fuses 5 7 17 all look good unplugged the temp sensor and the.lights have gonna away completely and I have a triangle in a circle(I believe traction control) light on the dash as well
ok does the compressor run ok now with the temperature sensor unplugged? The triangle is traction control, did you remove any fuses and not replace them?
Old 05-11-2020, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

[QUOTE=bagpipingandy;25454299]
Originally Posted by The Moose

ok does the compressor run ok now with the temperature sensor unplugged? The triangle is traction control, did you remove any fuses and not replace them?
replaced all fuses and I took the compressor off and ran it straight to the battery and it kicked on and stayed on but no it still only ran for about 5 seconds with the temp sensor unplugged

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: allroad Air Suspension Pump , Fuse or Relay or??