Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad air valve activation

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allroad air valve activation

In order to move my flat front 04, I’d like to force feed some air to the air springs. Compressor can be made to run. Is it possible to trigger individual valves to activate to pump some air in order to drive to a place where I can get codes? If so, how? Thanks
Old 10-13-2019, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes. With the tools that you need to build by yourself. And 9 bar air pressure source , 12 V 2A power source

Old 10-13-2019, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks amiram. FYI All: using a12VDC battery charger set to 2 amps I was able to raise the car evenly by triggering the individual contacts on the solenoid valve block. The green height level indicator lights come on now and the small yellow suspension system trouble light in the tach area stays on. After pulling the 40 amp fuse and the system under dash relay am now able to drive the car at highway speeds without the situation of it wanting to automatically lower.

At at this point grease monkey logic leads me to think it may be a bad headlight/height sensor as I now recall the headlight level trouble light (between the tach & speedo) came on just prior to the suspension issues. Back then I didn’t know the link between that light and possible suspension issues; was thinking is was just a headlight related issue. I do understand there is still the possibility of air bag leakage at the lower positions, so far 3-4 is holding air for over a week.

I ordered a vag-com reader (a lot less expensive then I thought they’d be), and for the time being will enjoy driving the Allroad again and will be able to repair it correctly once I read the codes.

Having spent a lot of time reading through various forums with info sent by a number of folks I am much better educated and grateful to the folks who have helped me (and many other folks) out. Also I now better appreciate keeping an Allroad, “All Road” worthy.

FX
Old 10-14-2019, 01:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The headlight height level control system works in conjunction with the air spring system and received the information from the left height sensors front and rear (driver side) of the air spring system. Wait with the failure of this system until you get a scanner.

Last edited by amiram; 10-14-2019 at 01:05 AM.