Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

AoA

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AoA

just got off the phone with AoA.

Wow. this is like the presidential campaign. The Audi dealer is now claiming that since I bought the car with a set of worn out tires, that released them from being responsible for the damage that was there, as in, the damage may have occured in my drive across the street to the tire dealership.

The dealer also claims that the car has been repaired to factory specs. I told AoA that if factory specs include creaking and groaning noises when you hit bumps, and a significant pull to the right, then gee, that's not the kind of car company I thought audi was.

Audi expressed they have no control over what a dealer does, and that the financial burden would be on the dealer to make right.

I asked for a supervisor. As none was available, the "advocate" told me that his immiediate supervisor would call me back within 48 hours.

wow. some kind of service. I paid how much for this hassle?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default An Audi certified vehicle should *NEVER* have had worn tires...

And if the dealer had really done all the inspection/repair required to be certified you should never have had all these problems from the get go...

Sorry to hear of all the headaches.

Hope you get this resolved ASAP.

Regards,
Gavin
Old 10-26-2004, 10:32 AM

Default my point exactly

so the dealer thinks their "out" is the fact that I purchased this car with a worn set of tires means that I didn't buy the car as a certified car. bull. I would have never bought this car without the certification.

time for plan b
Old 10-26-2004, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default AOA Certification checklist states that tires should be replaced during inspection if:

1. Tread shows a flat spot
2. There is a cut on or above the tire lead
3. There is unusual tread wear
4. The tire is not Audi AG approved
5. The tire groove is cut
6. The tire is cracked or dry

The link to the certification checklist is below. Just click on "Download Certification Checklist".

AOA should have the info about your certification which will confirm that you bought a CPO vehicle.

Audi takes the certification process very seriously becasue it's the dealerships spending their nickel if something's wrong with the vehicle.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/certified_certification/0,5779,110,00.html">http://www.audiusa.com/certified_certification/0,5779,110,00.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-26-2004, 11:07 AM

Default time to lawyer up. you'll save yourself so much

time and aggravation. You may find that Audi must pay your attorney's fees. That's how is works in Lemon Law cases, but who knows about his contractual dispute.

If you find the right part of AoA to press your point that the dealer sold the car as Certified, when it was not in that condition, you may get somewhere.

The dealer obviously thinks they can shine you on. Lawyers are paid to eliminate that misperception.

Good Luck-
-df
Old 10-26-2004, 11:17 AM

Default I read that...

and that's my arguement that the dealer misrepresented this car.

it should not have had a certified used car winshield banner if it hadn't been checked, imho, and certainly not sold as a certified car.

the service mangager doesn't think the pop &amp; groan noise is a problem. uh huh. makes me feel real good to know that. I feel better now. sure. no problem. I hit a bump and *pop* - *groan*. yeah, they all do that.

and the wrinkle on the firewall? no problem. Its all within factory specs.

I'd love to scale this car and dyno the shocks I'd bet we'd find its not to factory specs.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Did the dealer register it as certified with AOA?

and not that it's worth anything, but my dealer gave me a certificate as well (about the only thing they did right)...could be something to show just to prove that you were both on the same wavelength about the certification.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 AM

Default sorta...

they said Audi would mail the certificate to me.

I did get a letter from Audi welcoming me to the certified program, but no certificate. I saw what the certificate looks like on Audi's site.

Audi said that once a car is certified, its certified. Damon bought it as a certified car...

lame, huh?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:32 AM

Default The AOA response is so typical of themselves.. Then

they wonder why their CSI ratings remain low. I think eventually AOA will make sure your situation is made right. Lexus would probably have given you a new car just to make you happy.
Keep fighting!!
Old 10-26-2004, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default well that's good news...at least AOA knows that the car is certified

now you can work that to your advantage because you bought a CPO vehicle that didn't meet up to the standards set by Audi.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

I should be doing the same thing with mine..had it for 4,000 miles and taking the bald Pirellis off it Thursday...hmmmmm.

Quick Reply: AoA