Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Call me paranoid about Audi's Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call me paranoid about Audi's Service

This is my third Audi in almost as many years for a total of 50K miles.
The issues with my ar for my 5K service (scheduled for this afternoon):

1) Air Bag light takes between 3-5 minutes to go off only after the car sits for more than 4 hours.
2) Power steering fluid is low (had this issue on all 3 Audis..it almost seems to be a factory fill issue)
3) Fluid drip stains on my garage floor.

So this time I took my camcorder to document issues 1) and 3) and will show it to the service people. I have to drive 40 miles (one way) for the service and the Audi service departments have used the 'unable to replicate' excuse too many times on me. I'm bringing in my own synthetic oil so that there will be no overfill issues.

Did I forget anything else? Thanks in advance. I might get a chance to test drive the new A4 too!!
Old 12-07-2001, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I thought I was the only one with the airbag thing...

...but it always goes off after a few minutes so I never cared much. The manual says it should stay on if there is a real problem with the airbag. I took mine in for the 5K about 2 months ago. Make sure they do the fuel sensor and windshield wiper recalls. I also had the dealer program the locks etc. the way that I wanted them to work. The only thing that made me mad when I picked up the car was the fact that they did a tire rotation and somehow the tire pressure dropped to 28 PSI on all four. It was consistent, but wayyyyy too low. I was surprised the dealer let me drive away with tire pressure set at that level.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:55 AM

Default Service update....I'm still driving a loner Camry

They have no idea what's wrong with regards to the air bag light. No error codes etc. They asked me a bunch of questions.....Any lo-Jack system, what electrical mods I have made etc. I'm glad I'm stock except for the exhaust. They are calling AOA on Monday to try to resolve the issue.
Old 12-08-2001, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL...wow I would never have guessed...

it was that much of an issue. If I remember correctly from earlier posts you are in the DFW area -- I know the fleet of Camry's all to well....

When you find out let me know, maybe I can save a day in the shop if they know what it is next time. I have had some strange electrical issues in the past. Three times the car completely cut out (went dead as I was driving) -- I could never explain this and always thought it was an electrical issue -- they thought fuel line. Also at my 5K I had them check on some strange lighting situations - example: The visor mirror light wouldn't work when autolocks were engaged, but would work if I unlocked the doors and locked them manually. Very strange. They fixed it, but had to reporgram the car. Maybe this is something similar.

Good luck. Hopefully they figure it out soon. It is a bummer when you have to drive that Camry all weekend.
Old 12-10-2001, 04:28 PM

all weekend and today..I'll keep you updated when they finally fix it.