Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Can't replicate problem. Long rant w/?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't replicate problem. Long rant w/?

03 tip in for service. Generally I save up a list of problems (unless major) and drop the car off every 3 months for fixes. Usually takes a 2-3 dyas and a return trip to get things working.

What they could fix:

1. Squeaking rear set. Took them 4 hours to discover the need for a little lube on pivots and latches. I suggested this fix (courtesy AW) when I dropped off.

2. suspention "crunching" noise. Lubed sway bars. Makes a different noise now, slightly more bearable but not pleasant. I guess no H-Sport bars for me until this is solved. Any one else solve this crunch?

What they couldn't fix:

1. Driver seats rocks when cornering hard or accelerating. Can't reproduce after 75 mile test drive. I can reproduce leaving the dealer lot. I've seen the complaints about this here. Other than the seat bucket, anyone one have a more specific diagnosis (work order language) that I can force the dealer to look at?

2. Passenger headlamp vibrates wildly at times. (Shakes like the lamps on a '76 TR6 I had. Only they were mounted on a rusty fender with duct tape.)
Seems like some sort of harmonic convergence-- a loose lamp housing and just the right rough idle from the engine. Typically happens after long runs when I'm sitting at a light and I can see my lights off of someones bumper. Dealer says they will tend to flicker occasionally, nothin wrong.

3. windsheild wipers--Streaking like all get out , whole patches left uncleared. Dealer says they are good, I just need to clean them regularly or buy new at my own expense. Aren't wipers covered undre warr. and shouldn't the wipers be counted on to clear more than the "chunky" stuff that hits the screen.

Had tires rotated and now have a horrible (perhaps the dreaded) wobble between 45-60. These are winter dunlaps m3 with about 4200 miles on them. It went in drivin fine. Was up? Possible one of the rims threw a weight? Back I go. gotta get this fixed before summer non oem rims go back on--dealer won't even touch it then.

Also had the 02 sensor recall work done. Before I was getting 16.5 overall mpg and thought that was lousy. For the last 250 miles I'm now getting 13.1mpg. Doesn't sound right does it?? should it improve if anything?

Insights would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My experience with these problems...

The seat rocking- took dealer 2 tries at fixing, but they finally put an entire new seat base in and it fixed the problem. Interestingly, the '04 A6 3.0Q loaner I had at the time alsohad a rocking seat.

Suspension crunching noise- I've had the same noise in the left front since I got the car and they "can't duplicate". Now they claim it's the H-Sport bars, even though I started to complain months before the bars went on. So obviously, it has nothing to do with the sway bars- factory of aftermarket. I'm convinced it's the strut but they won't replace unless I 1) take off the H-
sports and 2) they can duplicate with the stock bars on.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

your talking about the crunch that occurs when entering or exiting a driveway when turning right?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Seat frame replaced on my 2001

Driver's seat rocked back and forth on hard braking. Part 4B0-881-107-D Seat Frame was replaced under warranty. Think I've seen a few cases of these on the forum.