Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Consumer Reports New issue: ALLROAD highest marks but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 10 year-old daughter says my car pollutes too much because it has two tailpipes. <g>
Old 06-13-2001, 01:41 PM
BN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Low mileage is not about the dollars, but what is possible and an attempt to think of the enviro

Buy a F......G horse.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hey. Mileage was printed on the sticker and you still bought one.

Did you test drive the car? If so, you must have felt whatever turbo lag there was. And you still bought it. What's the bitch? Even if CR is right, you must have thought it a better car than the others.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:13 PM

I second that (environmental concern). Now, now Sixth Man, be nice.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:27 PM

Default Yeah I bought it and love it, Audi should attempt to improve mileage next time

and I really did not notice the lag at that time. I had an A6 Avant prior to the allroad, and I just noticed how quicker it was. Alot quicker. The turbo lag is NOT horrible, just could be improved on. I find when I'm on the San Francisco flat city streets-those areas where stop signs are every block or two, or when I'm "peeking out to cross a blind intersection"- is when I at times feel that lag. I want to cross the intersection immediatly without ANY delay and sometimes that lag happens. Granted you all are not in the urban jungle, but that is just my two cents. I wonder why some folks can't take the critics and feel that standing by their car is like those who chanted America love or leave it in the 60s. I Love this Audi, but hopefully these issues will be worked on next year or two to make it even better!
Old 06-13-2001, 02:28 PM

Yeah, you have a STICK!
Old 06-13-2001, 02:40 PM

Then its not turbo lag, the turbos are the same. Can we call it tip lag?
Old 06-13-2001, 03:11 PM
BN

Default Re: I second that (environmental concern). Now, now Sixth Man, be nice.

So what's up with the 12x12, Wendy?
Old 06-13-2001, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Why should they when we keep buying them?

We can pontificate all we want, but we bought the cars in spite of the gas mileage. Everyone here must have thought that the good far outweighed the bad. And I'd lay odds that most of us looked at at least two of the other cars in the comparision. I don't think that anyone disagrees with most of what CR says, but, by their own admission, the allroad was the top-rated model. They obviously don't weigh the good/bad the same way we do.

I am tired of it being suggested that because we don't agree with CR's conclusion we can't stand the heat and are blind brand lovers akin to "those who chanted America love or leave it in the 60s." It seems to me that defending CR's every word is a lot like the kettle calling the pot black.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:11 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default CR's perspective is different

My $0.02. CR reviews cars from the perspective of the "average person" - not the car enthusiast. Things we find wonderful and compelling, they don't put much stock in - like how the the interior appointments fit together and intangibles like the combined "feel" of power, handling and quattro.

They just don't review the "fun factor", and I find that annoying when they are reviewing cars like the allroad. Sure, they're not an enthusiasts magazine, but that's a large chunk of why I paid all that money for the allroad, and so it should be factored into their assessment when they look at cars which cater to enthusiasts.

Like sal, I also find it annoying when they change their rules in mid-stream. If the Volvo is too new to determine reliability, so is the allroad. Which leads me to mull over what caused the A6 to get on their "bad" list in the first place - it appears to have been fuel gauge sender and radio gremlins. Here again, they seem to just count the number of problems without differentiating between "serious" ones (like those that leave people stranded) and minor (although admittedly annoying) ones.

Bottom line - they're not wrong about the problems they see in the allroad, but the importance they place on these problems seems all out of whack. Maybe it's just because they're not car enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: Consumer Reports New issue: ALLROAD highest marks but...