Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Dangerman, whats the status of your situation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dangerman, whats the status of your situation?
Old 11-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Default sent the lawyer the contigency agreement yesterday

He'll get it today, and within two weeks, I should have my money back, plus his fees and any court cost.

I had this little voice in my head over the weekend wishing that the car didn't have a bent frame. I couldn't wish the problem away, and I can't just forget about it. That car will never drive right, so I signed the papers, and fedex'd them off.

Its not like I didn't give the dealer a chance to make good. I gave them more than enough opportunities to make me whole.

So I'm shopping for an 01 to 02 AR 6speed. keep your eyes peeled. I'm in SoCal...
Old 11-09-2004, 02:38 PM

Default ummm.. 02 6spd, Altas/Plat most options including NAV 2002 24K miles

a few aftermarket goodies.. The car is gone as of Sat though.

But for like $31500.00 it's a pretty good deal, still under bumper to bumper

get the DP's, Catback, H-Sports, Short Shifter 710N's.

But you also get 1 broken fog light lense and bald tires. We could work out a deal on the tires

Not looking to make money, just to get someone up with a solid allroad, no accidents, new turbos at 16K miles and you get the heated steering wheel

Tory
Old 11-09-2004, 04:49 PM

sounds great, but don't think I'll be ready that soon.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dangerman - remind me again how you got into this car in the first place?

There are several parallel sagas running right now and I forget how yours started. I could search but I am lazy.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:10 AM

Default dangerman, shoot me an email

If you are interested in my ar I might be able to help you out.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Dangerman - remind me again how you got into this car in the first place?

I bought a cpo '01 that hadn't been inspected, with a set of bald tires. I bought it, drove it across the street to the tire store, put on a new set of pilot sports, and did an alignment. The camber was off, so back to the dealer. They threw parts at it (upper control arms, bushings, left hub carrier) then overnight the lift lost hydraulic fluid, lowering my car onto a cart parked under my car, which tore off the bumper and fender. Then to the bodyshop to fix the fender/bumper, then, off to the alignment shop. Still wouldn't line up, so they sent it to the body shop (again) and they did two pulls to get the camber to line up.

that's when I said enough. I didn't by a cpo car so some body shop dude could yank on it to get the camber to work.

They would have caught that if they did the certification inspection.

how's that for a quicky rundown? do I get a star by my name?

T
Old 11-10-2004, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dman...

your lawyer or the dealer's lawyer will probably ask this... so be ready.

Why did you accept the cr with bald tires and then buy tires on a car that you just bought as certified from the dealer?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default One step ahead of me...

Not trying to be a jerk here, but it is an obvious question. Why did you buy a CPO car with bald tires? Did you drive it? Did it pull or exhibit any other poor behavior?

Nonetheless I'm sure you will find a way out of the situation, but I'm sure you are wishing you could go back in time and not buy it in the first place.

Oh, and great sumary. I had read it all, but I was getting some parts mixed up with other's sagas.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:27 PM

Default It was how the negotiations went down.

I wanted the car for 29k, they wanted 32k, so the sales manager offered me the car at 29.5k if I put my own tires on it. It was a split the difference negotiation. I thought, its just a set of tires. No big deal. the car pulled with the worn out set, but no more than you'd expect from a worn out set of tires.

There was no mention of this affecting the cpo status, and I was under the impression that the inspection had been done. The salesman had bought the 19" wheels and tires that were on the car, and the dual spokes were the original wheels that came with the car.

So I assumed the car was inspected with the 19's, then the wheels were swapped. The twin spokes didn't vibrate, they weren't bent, but the car pulled a tad to the right. nothing that tires and an alignment wouldn't cure, right? besides, its a cpo car. if anything is really bad, I got the warranty. turns out the dealer never inspected the car.

Quick Reply: Dangerman, whats the status of your situation?