Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

First claim on extended warranty from Auto Warranty Broker....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First claim on extended warranty from Auto Warranty Broker....

First, a little background....headed to Decorah, Iowa, a week ago, Friday, to pick up my daughter from music camp. That evening, generator light comes on as we head to dinner. Not good...almost 500 miles from home. We still have the weekend to spend there for recitals and concerts. Suspect the alternator (tell-tale electrical smell), so I drive on the battery until Saturday evening, and then decide it's time to buy a charger. Motel has an outdoor outlet, so I plug in and charge overnight. Battery now has a good charge, so we head toward home early Sunday. Stop at airport in Cedar Rapids, rent an SUV (so it will hold 30 days worth of daughter's luggage!, plus our weekend stuff...yes, I have a cargo box on my allroad). Get gouged for a one-way rental ($137), but give the battery a quick boost at the rental garage while we fill out the paperwork (nice of them to let me do that). Head on to Iowa City 24 miles away to Carousel Motors, the nearest Audi dealer. Have now travelled 136 miles and the battery isn't going to make it much further anyway. Leave the key in the night drop and off we go.

I'm fearing the worst as far as getting an alternator, thinking they may have my car for weeks waiting for one from Germany. As it turns out, there was ONE available in the U.S. (Texas), so it was eventually shipped and installed yesterday...so I feel quite fortunate to have only been down a week. Oh, and they also found the rear main oil seal had begun to leak, so that was also repaired. Picked the car up this morning, and all is well. AWB came through with flying colors, paid by credit card, no questions asked. One of the first things out of the mouth of the service manager earlier this week was, "you have a really good warranty!". I agree, since they paid $1654 toward the bill, and I only paid $25. :-) So right now I'm only $305 in the hole on this warranty, with 36000 miles left on it...and feeling pretty good about having bought it. I was beginning to wonder if I had wasted that money since this is the first major repair item I've had with this car.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great to hear since I was reluctant to buy as well.

I have the 4 year, 100K $25 ded as well.

I'm at 44K miles with the car running perfect.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to know 8K till AWB takes over.