Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Is this a good deal on an Allroad, Fidelity Warranty worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal on an Allroad, Fidelity Warranty worth it?

Hi everyone,

I am a new poster and will be picking up my first allroad this week. Before I take delivery I figured I would run it by all the good people on the forum. I am picking up a 2002 allroad, 2.7t, 61K miles for $13.5K. It comes with a 2 year 24K powertrain from Fidelity but I can raise it to a 4 year 48K silver for $1500 more. (I will be driving around 35K per year) Is the Fidelity warranty worth it or should I find another aftermarket warranty to go with?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

yes -
Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default The price is reasonable ...

I would make sure that you have an indy inspection. Also check for Bruce M's postings. He is the Audi extended warranty guru on this forum. There are many posts on what to watch out for with the allroad.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Warranty - NO! you will need the Gold Plus plan that Fidelity offers...

many parts inclusive to the allroad are not covered under the "Silver" plan.

I have the Gold Plus Fidelity plan, I have used it without any problems.

Have them do a front end alignment - chances are good the tie-rod ends are froze and will not be covered as the car is above 50K.

The deal on the car isn't bad, BUT with today's financial bind cars are slow moving. Tell them $1500 for Gold Plus coverage and the alignment for the tierod issue.

Just my .02. If it's a go then "Welcome".

>edit<
Oh,,,,, I paid $2400 for my Gold Plus. Which is coming to it's end in a few months.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: The price is reasonable ...

Thanks, I am asking the dealer for a list of the things they inspected for delivery on the car. Can anyone recommend a good Audi indy in the MA area? I live down in southern MA in the Attleboro area...

Do you know if there is a law or timeframe that you get to do an indy inspection after you buy? I bought the car on Sat but am not taking delivery till tomorrow or Friday...
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Warranty - NO! you will need the Gold Plus plan that Fidelity offers...

Wow GoldPlus huh? They were saying 2K for the gold plan not the gold plus. I should tell them that I will not take the car without the gold plus for $1500 or at least somewhere in the area...

I will make sure they do a front end alignment, what will that do to the tie rod ends? Will it make them fail if they are froze and so they will have to replace?
Old 11-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Indy Shop Recs

Brian's Garage in Needham
Greg's Repair Service in Natick

Both get a fair number of mentions on the NE Forum - you might want to search the NE forum for others.

I would definitely recommend the highest level warranty with the allroad...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Information...

I would not take delivery intil you are satisfied with the inspection precess. Once you take delivery, the car is yours. There is no 3 day right of cancellation.

The allroad is prone to auto transmission, Torque Converter, CV Joints, Cam Seals, perhaps turbos to a lesser degree and Air springs.

You need an extended plan that is 'exclusionary'.

One that names only what is not covered. Most anythgin else, will not give you what you expec t. Ask the seller.. how much without a plan? and ask our BRUCE_M on audiworld to explain what he has and what they cover vrs. cost.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If the tie rod ends are froze then they won't be able to align and they will

need to replace them. Warranty's are a gamble (roll of the dice) some say not worth it. That is a personal decision you will need to make.
The price is fair and if you can negotiate in the alignment and repair if needed (hopefully it is good) and some of the warranty that will be just an added bonus. I think the $1500/$2000/$ ? for the silver/gold/gold plus kind of does teir into place. Again good luck and welcome aboard.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OH,,,,,,, Gold plus may be called Platnum.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal on an Allroad, Fidelity Warranty worth it?