Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Griffinpup, you from CA?? (dog, not AR related)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 08:35 AM
PJD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griffinpup, you from CA?? (dog, not AR related)

I noticed your plate in the antenna post. It looks like it's Calif. If so, can you recommend any good Malamute breeders in the area? I've decided on a dog, found a few breeders, but litters are in short supply.

And on the antenna thing, it's a recurring topic of conversation everytime Novick and I speak... You probably know he found one, but didn't work, we've both scoured every possible frickin source with no luck. Being too **** to just let it go, the only recourse for now is to bring up the topic at least 3-5 times a day with our women. They're getting sick of it, and will probably kill us before ski season starts. That will surely suck because I just bought a new pair of skis that are the ultimate powder weapon. All because Audi didn't think of mounting a box. Well I guess it's payback for all the things my customers wish I had included in products I've released.

Sorry, it's a rambling rant... too much coffe this morning.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default try decaf : )

PJD, Where in CA are you and more importantly where will you be skiing this winter? We have a place in Mammoth and the allroad was a blast to drive up there during ski season...
Old 10-10-2001, 10:17 AM
PJD

Default Re: try decaf : )

I'm in the bay area and ski mainly Kirkwood, Alpine inbounds. Also do a lot of backcountry skiing. Novick and I usually make a couple road trips down to Mammoth during the year. The east side of the Sierra is an awesome drive for the allroad! Got my first ar ticket on I395 in fact. Maybe I should've tried decaf that day. How about you? Maybe we'll see you at Mammoth this year.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default nope... from the wisconsintration camp, madison wisconsin.

that picture is of mikeallroad's ride. the one on top is mine. (oops sorry I didn't specify)
I know a few breeders in alaska, and here in wisconsin but that wouldn't help you at all. I'm still teething about the antenna thing. It's weird that It won't fit! not even your AR? sorry, I tried to help ya fellas. I'll still keep my eyes and ears open...
Old 10-10-2001, 02:05 PM
PJD

Default Re: nope... from the wisconsintration camp, madison wisconsin.

No, we haven't tried it on mine (yet). I still think it's real goofy on Audi's part not to have thought of it. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted on that and dogs. I'm about #6 in line for a mid-Oct litter so we'll see how many come out. Hasta.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:24 AM

Default Malumutes

Give me a couple of days and I can get you a recommendation on a Malamute breeder or two. I show my Belgians and have a friend and his wife who are very active in Malamutes... I believe they have or had the Canadian National Champion... I'm in Northern California - Pleasanton. If you ever see me driving around you'll recognize the car - Altas Grey, License BLGN K9!
Old 10-11-2001, 09:14 AM
PJD

Default Cool thanks

Haven't seen yours in town. Mines highland green Yes, I'm in p-town too, near Stoneridge and Hacienda. Small world. Please do let me know if you have any mal input. The breeder I mentioned is actually in Alamo (might be your friend?). She's got a litter coming, but about 5 or 6 folks already interested so it's kind of questionable. I've spoken with a few others in the area, but not many litters. In any event, I'll welcome any input you have. See you around town sometime.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: try decaf : )

I also got my ar ticket on I395 between Big Pine and Bishop. Did my first backcounty trips last winter outside of Bishop (rondane).

No decaf for me, I'm addicted to the caffeine. Would be cool to hook up in Mammoth to make some turns on the Mtn. or in the allroads.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:16 AM

Default Re: You Should Hook Up with Me & PJD This Winter

Davidjay -

We should definitely hook up this winter for Allroad road trips and Randonee skiing in the Sierra. Myself and PJD get out a lot and it's always cool to hook up with new partners for trips.

01/Allroad/Silver W tip/Loaded
Old 10-11-2001, 12:15 PM
PJD

Default Davidjay333 - send me &/or Novick email and we should hook up for randonee

Finally found another ar bc skiier! As Novick said, we both do a lot and it's always good to hook up with new backcountry partners. You ever done Elephant's back near Kirkwood? Or if you're coming from south there's some awesome mountains on the east side kind of mid-way. We should hook up with you this winter.

PS - just click on the "posted by PJD" to find the mail address.