Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Hey all, I'm new here....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all, I'm new here....

I want to run 18/19" wheels and want to know if I need spacers and if so who to get them from and if so how long the bolts should be?

I also need new brakes and want to know what to run on the front and the rear that will stop this thing like the <select one> Porche, B5 S4, Honda Accord I'm used to.

I can't figure out what all these buttons (I have an '01 ALLROAD) are on the dash regarding the suspension are for, and what do you mean "manual"?

I also don't know what tires to run considering I will need to run in the desert, in the mountains, over the top through the snow and down into the rainy forest up hill both ways on my gazillion mile commute to and from work each day.

I want some of those H-sport things I have read about but I want them used, cheap and installed by someone in my neighborhood for a case of cheap beer.

I also want to be able to <select any two> haul a trailer with my race car, mountain bikes on the roof, car top box for kids' stuff, surf boards, snow boards, ski's, motorcycles. Do you know where I can get a hitch and what the cheapest alternative is for the roof that will haul a huge amount of stuff without riping the top off the car?

I also don't want to use premium gas for this car even though new it was well over $55k so I want to put some of that octane inhancing garbage in the tank, what do you recommend?

I also want to put in that RNS-E that everyone is talking about even though I have yet to figure out how to answer my new cell phone, especially when spousee and children are calling. I want this especially so that I don't have to stop and ask anyone for directions.

Oh, and I need three child seats for the car and by the way now that I have the car, will three fit in the back seat? And what about those back air bags and I see that latch thingy is way over the top of the back seat and on the floor of the cargo area??

Oh, and lastly I had heard that this was the most reliable car on the road from the cars' dealer and I just wanted to see if anyone here has experienced any problems with this specific car?

<btw it's final week, I have a zillion things to do and I don't want to do any of them and this seemed like a little harmless diversion, if I have offended anyone I am sorry, but I tried to offend all equally so there is no risk of being called "unfair"...enjoy the week all and happy allroading>
Old 05-09-2007, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do a search before posting, n00b! :-P
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

RTFM!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I'm pretty new here as well

but let me help you out with a few answers

-5mm, but be sure to put the 19's on the left, and 18's on the right for balance.

-1988 Honda CRX brakes are the best fit for an allroad

-Push the up and down buttons at the same time for 5 seconds, then don't ever touch them again.

-Mickey Thompsons work for every situation

-That seems a little overpriced, I got mine done for 4 beer (I drank 2 while watching him work)

-There's a little hook under your bumper, put the safety chains on this, and don't worry about the hitch.

-They use water-injection for very high boost vehicles, to make it easier, just put 5 gallons of water in your gas tank at every fill (make sure its de-ionized though)

-3 Kids will fit, though one has to stay on the roof, and grip the roof rails, make sure it's the one with the strongest hands.

-The dealer lied to you, the allroad is the second most reliable, the Chevette came in #1. The only known problem is that Audi dealerships INSIST on selling you highly priced oil. You don't need this, just get some cheap from your local salvage yard.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

decaf, girl. Try some decaf...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

<snickers>
Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thanks

that made me laugh.

enjoy finals week and all the stressed out students.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default please click here for your answers

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/">click</a></li></ul>
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You forgot to ask about how to get more HP...or is that only an A6 n00b thing?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ROTFL! Good one. (I clicked it)

Quick Reply: Hey all, I'm new here....